Saturday, 26 January 2013

Technicolour Bat Girl

Another post from...my room. I was actually planning to start photographing (and filming ooo) something a little more exciting for my blog. I'm trying to make you excited here, really I am. But then I was cursed by the common cold which has not relieved it's grip on me yet, so apart from trips to and from university I've been in virtual hibernation, or in today's speak, tucked up under a duvet looking very non style blogger, watching BBC Iplayer. But something will be coming soon and fingers crossed that it won't be mediocre, or sound better in my head.

25th jan

Today's outfit is very Rookie.If you don't know what that it, it is a teenage online magazine with imagery consisting of Bats, Pastels and Flowercrowns. I absolutely love Rookie for its honest look at teenage subjects such as Virginity and menstruation, as well as its wonderful tutorials on how to look like everyone from Clara Bow to Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice. I cringe now when I think back to the teenage magazines I read when I was actually a urm...teenager. Funnily enough my awful attempts at coquettish staring and syncing up of our school timetables as suggested by my favourite publications (I kid you not) never did help me date my 'crush.'

Outfit Details
Hat - New Look
Jumper - Sheinside
Dress - Topshop
Ankle Socks - Topshop
Bag (11') - Cambridge Satchel
Shoes - Liberty at Dr Martens via Coggles.

 photo 059_zps2592b5c0.jpg

This Bat Jumper from Sheinside is a direct Dupe of the JW Anderson for Topshop one adorned by Alexa Chung and everyone who had a mere £70 to hand. Now it's going for hundreds of Ebay, but this was just £15 (with discount)!

 photo 061_zps4b1b3e29.jpg

These are my newest buy. I decided to splurge my birthday money on a pair of Dr Martens, as I've always wanted them. After looking through the website I decided that the boots weren't for me, and that the shoe style would probably be more sutiable for day to day wear. I fell in love with the recent Liberty collection that they did, but at £120 it was completely outside my typical budget. I found these, however, on Coggles, for just over £50. I can imagine wearing them with my more standard black Peter Pan Collar dresses to jazz them up a bit. They're also going to be really great for Spring.


Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x
Follow me!
Tweet Me

7 comments :

  1. I love your dress and shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god I absolutely LOVE this! Really inspiring. And yesss Rookie is most definitely my bible. <3

    Greta xoxo
    laviedegreta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I hope you feel better soon! Good job getting the jumper on the cheap, I'd have done that too haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely look - love your style! I know what you mean about the teen magazines (oh dear, hi Mizz) - wish I had Rookie when I was younger, and the new Miss Vogue coming out (although I still might have a get the odd copy!). Wonderful shoes too, definitely worth the birthday splurge! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. O I love the colar and the pull!
    I started following you, want to follow back? :)
    Love,
    Amélie
    http://bagsandchocolate.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the outfit, it look so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...