Saturday, 13 April 2013

I heart Brighton.

When my mum said she'd booked a holiday to go and visit her old home turf Brighton, I was pretty excited. I'd been to Brighton once before, but seeing as that was way back in year eleven I'd been itching to visit this wonderful place again. And as I expected, my week there was filled with visits to coffee shops, incredibly expensive boutiques and antique flea markets. These are just a few little documents of my trip, including some of the lovely things I came away with!
 photo 038_zpse448ee1d.jpg

 photo 057_zps8da72b77.jpg

 photo 043_zpsc5c631c7.jpg

 photo 042_zpsb32b0e5b.jpg

 photo b40e300c-1e8c-4e7a-982f-a63b06efdafa_zps78748ccc.jpg

Brighton Pier!
Hat - H&M
Shirts - New Look
Coat - Whistles via Charity Shop
Jeans - American Apparel Easy Jean
Shoes - Primark

 photo 036_zpse2621639.jpg

Brighton Pavilion. I couldn't take any pictures to show you inside, but if you do go to Brighton, the inside is a must see, it's an incredible Oriental inspired lavish palace.

 photo 030_zps596ebccc.jpg

I was lucky enough to sample a lot of Brighton's different cafes, one of my favourites was the Infinity Foods cafe in the Lanes. The staff was lovely and all the food is Veggie and organic, which might make a few of your roll your eyes but the food was honestly good food! I had this veggie sausage sandwich with some wild berry tea, which was super lovely and refreshing. You could also look out over the lanes, my mum and me enjoyed looking out at all the incredible fashionable people walking the streets!

 photo 026_zps2fc07746.jpg

 photo 027_zps83aadac4.jpg

 photo 024_zps0f1af609.jpg

These photos above were taken on the top floor of Brighton's antique equivalent of a department store, Snooper's Paradise. It's one of the most fascinating shops in Brighton selling everything you could possibly think of, as well as having their very own photobooth! I came away with my wonderful birdcage which I hope to use to decorate my room (I've included it below!)

 photo 007_zpsce6ba727.jpg

What I bought! From Left - Right, Brighton Poster from Biba exhibition at the Brighton Museum, Primark Sunglasses, Primark Paisley trousers (aka my new favourite pair), Dragon postcard from the Pavillion, Card from Biba Exhibition, Poster from Biba Exhibition,Brocade Mirror from the Pavilion, Birdcage from Snoopers Paradise, Turbans from Beyond Retro, Gilly Hicks Tartan Shirt from Oxfam, Fan from Pavillion, Topshop shirt from Oxfam, bedding underneath was from BHS sale!

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x
Follow me!
Tweet Me

15 comments :

  1. God that Snooper's Paradise shop looks amazing! Will def have to remember that if I ever go to Brighton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Brighton!! I could spend hours in Snooper's Paradise, there's so many amazing little things in there. Also the photos you've taken are lovely :)

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first picture of you is adorable! I love it! Also, all your purchases are great! I've always wanted a bird cage that I would fill with fake birds, I don't quite agree with birds in cages! Your bedsheets are amazing too.

    E x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos :)
    I love the pier and that sandwich looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures! I would love to visit Brighton one day, but first on my list is London! Love your blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    :)
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy time and so pretty photos dear.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing blog and great pictures :)

    Now following you on GFC and would be great to get a follow back, if you would like to follow each other? :)

    Be great if you could check out my latest posts:

    The PrettyLittleThing.com SS13 Bloggers Lunch

    House of Holland Tie-Dye Jeans on a Budget

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg, Brighton is such a lovely place <3 I wish I could go there once!
    I love your photos <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Brighton everytime I go and im going again in may for my birthday! I love the lanes.....but this little gem you've shown us! I've never been to and will on this visit!!

    thanks so much for stopping by my blog by the way! loving yours!

    x rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heeeey, I loveee your blog!! The photos are amazing and omg I looove the outfit here! xx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bel :)
    I love this outfit, especially your bag, the colour is so beautiful!!!
    Inspiration is what I get from reading your blog!! So that deserves a new follower :)

    Feel free to check out my blog if you have the time :)

    Kisses Catilein
    www.beautylovefashionthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am totally in love with both your jacket and your blog girl!! Lovely to a funny and inspiring little bit of style sharing heaven... firmly on top of my procrastination reading list!

    Ps. Snoopers Paradise... what a gem! Need to go here!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no I want to move into that shop!! Lovely pictures :) xx

    http://pointlessprettythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...