Sunday, 16 June 2013

I'll Walk the Streets of London, Which Once Seemed All Our Own.

The alternative title of this post is 'I'll walk around one street posing and stand up against lamposts and postboxes meaningfully.' This is a post that I had been planning on doing for a very long time. I am fortunate enough to live close to some lovely looking streets in London, and ones that were just begging to be used as the location for an outfit post. Usually the thought of strutting my blogging stuff in front of the general public is enough to make me feel a bit ill, but seemingly in London, everybody has seen it before. London is a bit of an obstacle course of street stylers and fashion bloggers, with various blog owners forming orderly queues to take photos by London telephone boxes or walking about the absolute streetstyler's dream that is Somerset house. If you're going to dress to impress anywhere, then London is the place to do it. On Saturday morning, my wonderful photographer/flatmate/bad bitch Luke and myself walked over to take some pictures of me, running into an array of confused dogwalkers, football players and fleeting onlookers. On to our masterful outfit post shooting on location...
 photo b254130e-8666-4092-b936-f348ef4fe4f1_zps9c625dd7.jpg

Cape - New Look (via charity shop)

This cape was such an incredible find. Nestled between the racks of the one charity shop in my home village, it was just £5 and brand new with tags. I haven't really had the chance to wear it due to practicality and the threat of bad Red Riding Hood jokes, but I don't think this outfit would be made without it.
 photo 0a5f4a72-86b0-4de0-80fa-7c667e994c35_zpsa0586ca8.jpg

 photo 053_zpsd7acc3b3.jpg

 photo 3b3bf0ee-f2d8-4170-b3a6-e1d7c92056a0_zpsa2a0ec74.jpg

 photo 113_zps16640403.jpg

Dress - Sheinside
The minute I saw this dress I knew I needed it. It is from Sheinside, a really good international store that does a lot of very on trend clothes and designer inspired clothes. This seems to be a duplicate of a Moschino dress. It's one of the funnest dresses to wear, it's super colourful, silky and very conventionally London.

 photo f24587a7-26d7-4f0d-88d9-d19b06a8337c_zpsc386103e.jpg

Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell

I'm not usually a fan of high heeled shoes. They are super uncomfortable for me and being tall as I am I don't feel good towering over everyone to that extent. These Jeffrey Campbell shoes, however, are ones that I can make an exception for. They are red suede wedges, and they are absolutely beautiful. I picked them up for £40 in the office sale many moons ago, I couldn't afford any Jeffrey Campbells full price, although I would absolutely love a pair of Coltranes. Dream on, Bel.

Once again a huge thank you to Luke for taking these pictures for me, please check out his food blog Chew Kamu. We are blogging buddies so his gain is my gain too.

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x
Follow me!
Tweet Me
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Watch me on Youtube

23 comments :

  1. Look at you! Stunning stunning stunning. I love this city of ours xxx

    www.tapeparade.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red! Great outfit - usually I am not one for wearing much of the same colour but you really pull it off! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously love this post! Also the cape is such a snatch of a find - can't believe it was brand spanking new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely felt in love with your cape, it's so pretty! And you have the most adorable style, admire you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your shoes! Amazing.
    And your cape such a good charity shop find.

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely, the cape is amazing, such a bargain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never have too much red. THe hair, the lips, the shoes, the dress! You look amazing! I'm tall too, except I LOVE towering over people...I wonder what that means....? :)
    xo
    ashley
    www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo what a fun cape! i've been wanting a cape for ages now, i really need to buckle down and find one. also, how lucky that london has all these fashion bloggers to the point that it's pretty common. I definitely get self conscious posing by walls and making faces at the camera while people pass, haha. Oh, our cross to bear ;)

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cape is so pretty. I love red, it's
    my favourite colour, so I really like this outfit. ;)
    And that dress is just amazing. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post! The shoes especially are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. taking pictures in front of all the people in town can be so awkward! i love your outfit, though. capes and red shoes are my favourite things and that dress is really pretty, so this is pretty much a perfect outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are funny! I can just imagine you polite london fashion bloggers, lining up to take photos infront of sommerset homes!

    So, were exactly did you end up taking the photos? Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing blog!
    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know!
    http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this so much, you have managed to find some lovely red related things around London. Also that cape is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Bel, I just stumbled across your blog and I must say it's really amazing, and your outfit here is gorgeous... that cape, wow!!

    I've only just started my blog and it would be really great if you could check it out? Thanks a lot, and keep up that confidence in strutting your stuff :-)

    - Alannah, x
    http://alannahswardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is something incredibly lovely about this look! You just blend in to the pillar box! Ahhh... I wish I were in England now! I want to see Jekyl and Hyde at Blackwell's! I've only ever been to Oxford once! Ho hum... I move to Germany from the US in a few weeks... there shall be plenty of time for Englanding then! Anyway, I followed you with GFC and Blog Lovin. Hope you can follow back! I also have a giveaway going on now!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :
    : the daily savant : Blog Lovin

    ReplyDelete
  17. This outfit's so cute! and your dress could not be more perfect for walking through London in ;-)
    I love the shoes too. Heels are super unformfortable for me as well (but I'm the opposite- I'm really small which makes it suck even more) but wedges like that are always comfy AND add height :-D

    Francesca xo
    www.yummylikecake.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, these pictures are just the cutest! I'm loving all the red accents and those shoes are AMAZING!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. this awesome the dress, the shoes the cape and it all goes great with your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. To participate a formal party you always need a good dress. For me, I love wearing a long blue dress. It makes me look sexy and it's comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...