Monday, 24 June 2013

Weekly favourites: Edition one

 photo 7b8522d4-de8b-4acf-a0c7-894bc9ec2ab5_zps7a595fd9.jpg

Slightly unrelated photo, but this is myself, on the top of Monument, taken by my lovely friend Leigh!

Once again I am a contender for the world's most original blogposter. I'm also up for the metaphorical award for 'bad blogger of the week' for missing my typical posting days last week of Sunday and Wednesday. I had good reason to, interning at Oxford University Press as well as helping out at my local theatre company, Creation Theatre, who are currently doing a stint of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde in Oxford's famous Blackwells Bookshop. I probably don't need to say how excellent it is and how wonderfully creative Creation theatre are, but hell, I've said it anyway, and I'll say it again, countless times. It's a wonderful show with lots of lovely people working on it, so if you're ever in the Oxford area this June or July, I'd heartily suggest going to see it.
With my long working days, I've been unable to do an outfit post this week, but I took this as an oppurtunity to do a post I've wanted to do for a while. I read a lot of blogs and social media articles, and am fortunate enough to come across many wonderful things in my exploration of the internet, and I would like to be able to share them with my lovely readers on a weekly basis. They can be anything from particularly inspired outfit posts, wonderous tutorials, or perhaps a particularly topical and interesting article, or a wonderful thing that is happening in the world right now. I'm going to link them down below for your viewing pleasure, and I hope very much that you gain the same inspiration as what they were able to give me. Enjoy!:

1.The Lazy Oaf for Nasty Gal collaboration has had a lot of bloggers salivating over a certain pair of watermelon shorts. Natalie at the Science of Happy shows you how to make your own DIY Watermelon shorts. if you're strapped for cash! I like them better than the original.

2.Oh how I adore a room tour! One of my favourite bloggers, Kate from Scathingly Brilliant, showed Teen Vogue around her room. With pastel walls and dresses used as decoration, it gave me serious room envy (which I believe is a technical term and a genuine problem!)

3.Ombre is a trend that is just sticking around. Not only was it in our hair, but makeup and nails have caught on too. The lovely Sarah from Nifty Thrifts has shared a brilliant DIY Ombre nails tutorial!

4.Ally Ebdon of Now that's Pretty is easily one of my favourite bloggers out there. Her blog is so colourful and she's super creative. This Mickey Mouse Pinafore that she made herself is case in point. Go check her mastery out, I often turn a particularly envious green eye over her lovely creations!

5.Buying dresses is probably my soul talent, so I'm always super in awe of my flatmate and university best mate Luke and his culinary skills. His latest post looks good enough to eat, because, because it's um...food. Yeah anyway, his blog is full of the best places to eat in London as well as some super easy meals on a proven student budget.

6. This Youtube video was posted over a year ago, but I've only discovered it recently. I'm a huge fan of pugs, and this is a women receiving a surprise Pug puppy. It is literally the most adorable thing in the world and it's impossible to watch without smiling!

Please tell me what your favourite pick of my list here is! Also, let me know if you like this new franchise?

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x
Follow me!
Tweet Me
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Watch me on Youtube

9 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for the mention Bel! :D By the way I think your glasses in the photo are fine, fresh AND fierce. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for mentioning me in this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Bel amazing post! I'm reading your friends blog now and love those watermelon shorts, they're fab! xx


    ReplyDelete
  4. cute outfit xx
    http://girlonstreet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comment on my blog I really appreciate it :) I dip dyed my hair ages ago when it wasn't cool and now it's everywhere I turn, it's still my favourite though! That's so exciting you have been nominated for blogging awards!! Good luck!!http://indigogirl1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. the gun gun gun gun barrel, you can briefly shelved, if you are with Cheapest GW2 Gold limestone, first you can use it in the ideologies in southern east heating units, with your pestle and then mash it to get quicklime. Secondly, you can also use it to buy meals and the knife (the beast is not available until you complete the search) from the Typical store. After the Buy Blade And Soul Gold discussion in the Typical going returning to the Tracking program.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...