Thursday, 8 August 2013

Start wearing purple.

If you had suggested to me three years ago that I should buy a multicoloured leopard print top, I probably would have squealed and hidden behind my excessive amount of black Peter pan collar dresses. But as I've got older I've become a lot more open to various fashion trends, which hasn't had a wonderful effect on by bank account, but has brought me at least minutes of happiness at a time. But this Kenzo inspired top was a must for me, my immediate thought was that it would look cool with my (newly but patchily dyed) purple hair. Coupled with my unnervingly tight American Apparel easy jeans it actually makes for a pretty easy Summer outfit (though sitting down in these is not an option).
 photo 09605f93-2c71-4583-adc4-4dde77d35c74_zps39f3bcff.jpg

 photo 356476d8-a0d5-487e-ba60-6d66c3df784a_zps902662c7.jpg

Jacket - New Look
Top - Internacionale
Jeans - American Apparel
Shoes - Converse via Cloggs
Bag - Zatchels

 photo 034_zpsf9ba144d.jpg

 photo 5de0a395-bc4e-42a6-978e-5a3540e7c670_zps01495b1e.jpg
(Nape piercing done by Sunderland Body Art)

So far I've not been exactly adventurous with my piercings. I had the typical Claire's Accessories experience by having my ears pierced as a young teenager, as well as getting a nose ring aged 17, which after accidentally punching myself in the nose (it happened) and unknowingly dropping the ring down the escalators at Warren Street Tube Station, I reluctantly gave up on it. This was after having a few Golumn esque days of rather breathily saying 'where IS it?'. This piercing was a whole new direction for me. Infact, all this body modification in the shape of my hair and my piercings is inevitably delayed teenage rebellion. After seeing it on Tumblr in some sort of whimsical photo I knew it was for me, so whilst on a trip to the North East I made the most of their legions of piercing and body art places and got this neck piercing, otherwise known as a nape piercing. It consists of putting a bar through your neck and screwing the two little jewelry pieces you can see on.It certainly wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, and it has been surprisingly easy to take care of, although I warn you, it occasionally gets stuck on your hair and your clothes, but it's just a case of washing it regularly. I absolutely love it and hope to maintain it for as long as possible. My piercing wish list it also growing rapidly, so watch this space!

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x
Follow me!
Tweet Me
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Watch me on Youtube

31 comments :

  1. I love the purple accessories with your hair and your neck piercing is super cool! x

    andini-ria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit, and you look so cute with purple hair! Is your post title a Gogol Bordello reference? I hope it is!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yes, it is :)

      Delete
  3. Your nape piercing is beautiful- I've seen so many reflect (from what I know is bad care) but yours looks like it's there for life :) love your purple hair- I actually whitening the pstchyness I like the lighter fringe
    Awesome top I was like you in my teens- only black!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your jacket. I don't think I've ever seen a neck piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANTED A NAPE PIERCING! BUT the three places I went wouldn't allow me to get one in case complications arose and they ended up fucked over due to me and my very weird blood. So I just have shitloads of ear ones to make up for this as they are low risk.

    Also can I just say this is very "elite-blogger-luxe" and the kind of thing one might see on Street Style sites or ASOS FF (which can fuck right off, what is the point of it?!) and whilst I normally don't go in for that kind of style, as a switch from the norm over on Rags of Love it is no bad thing. No Bad Thing.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool outfit and wow! I love your hair colour :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so stunning!! I love that hair color on you. I saw a picture of a girl with purple hair on Tumblr the other day and feel in love. I want to put some light purple in my ends soon. And I love this outfit. That bag is killer! I saw the same bag in a different color on anothr blog and I am dying to get my hands on one!

    I adore your blog.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also used to be weary of cheetah print, but I am open to it in fun ways like your multicolored top, and your purple hair is so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your outfits are so cute! I actually used to feel the same way about animal prints, I used to think they were a bit tacky, but I'm trying to embrace them now! Anyways I love your blog, following now! Check out mine if you want?
    -Bianca
    http://theimpossiblycuteblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the purple streaks in your hair.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your oufit, your hair, top and shoes look so good together - i love colourful otufits! Also, your nape piercing is really cool xx

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the purple hair a lot, it suits you.
    I really want this nape piercing done but it scares me that it could catch on clothes and things. Also does it hurt when you're sleeping or lying down on your back? I love the way it looks so much.

    katie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katie!
      First of all thank you so so much, and concerning the nape piercing, I don't think you should be scared to get it done. There have been times when it has hurt a little but barely at all. The worst thing I could say about it was that it was a bit red for about a week afterwards, but that's mostly normal. For me it didn't really hurt when sleeping, and though I do get my hair stuck in it sometimes and occasionally catch my clothes the pain really isn't that bad. It's also quite easy for jobs and stuff to cover up if that helps? Let me know if you want to know anything else xx

      Delete
  13. I want a neck piercing so badly! not sure how it would feel though... but I have my septum pierced and it can't hurt more than that! haha
    take a look at my blog please lovely :)
    http://bethanyxalice.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just one word: GORGEOUS! Loving your blog...and you! ^_^


    www.hudasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your purle hair! It looks so good on you! I used to have purple hair too, but I dyed my dark hair without bleaching it beforehand so it wasn't so pretty and flamboyant. I also love these jeans as well! They look awesome!
    I got my ears pierced when I was a little girl, but never got the guts to get more piercings. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo someday but I don't know if I'll ever find the courage to do it! I'm quite oversensitive to pain, so the chances are slim. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous look and love your hair! the bright colours definitely suit you
    Emma x
    emandthem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey thanks for dropping by my blog recently! super stoked to find another colored hair enthusiast, loving the purple!


    --Leeds
    at this volume

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deeply n <3 with your hair! :D

    bacardichaser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute jacket!

    http://layersofchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i don't know why, but i absolutely love pink hair...but would never be able to work it! i love your blog, and have been scrolling through it all night!
    -jules:)
    www.myladybakes.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, I've nominated you for the Liebster award, I'd love if you took part. All the details are on my blog, hope you check it out!
    -Bianca
    http://theimpossiblycuteblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/i-was-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous outfit! Your hair is amazing!
    Now following you on BL (:
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so in love with that bag! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're such a stunner! And I'm loving your hair <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete
  26. شركة نقل عفش واثاث بالدمام ابيات الشرقيه لخدمات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    نقل عفش بالخبر
    شركة نقل اثاث الدمام
    نقل عفش الدمام
    نقل عفش بالدمام

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...