Friday, 13 September 2013

Holiday Snapshots

Sometimes we all need a break from the dizzying world of fashion. This includes taking a break from any sort of fashion sense whatsoever, which is something I seem to have done on my recent holiday.
I've always seen holiday recaps posts as comparable to that moment when one of your relatives subjects you to 300 slightly off kilter photos of some famous landmark on the tv from their travels. But I wouldn't inflict that upon you, primarily because lugging a DSLR across an extremely hot country isn't entirely comfortable (yes, I am often struck down by disgustingly 'first world' problems) so I didn't actually take that many.
The last twelve days I have been in Turkey, staying at my friend Bradley's house, who was kind enough to let myself and four others come, including my lovely food blogger friend Luke of Chew Kamu and skincare overlord Daniela from Couture and Crumpets. Being what could only be described as a country bumpkin, I'm not particularly well travelled. My last proper holiday abroad was aged two in Northern Italy, where I apparently charmed Italians with my blonde hair and smiley nature (how times have changed) and sat next to Yoko Ono. So being able to go to a faraway country was a truly special experience from me, from the plane ride (I really really enjoy takeoff) to the totally different climate (minimum 30 degrees!)As a consequence I didn't give much thought to my fashion choices, and I packed ridiculously lightly. Generally I packed floral dresses, my new £1 kimono from a charity shop and shorts. I decided to keep makeup to a minimum, giving my face a rest from foundation for a week and only using a mixture of Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer and tea tree moisturiser, to let the tan do its work. Anyway, here are just a few snapshots before normal blogging services resume in full force!

 photo 3e56c706-9ae8-4f1c-a90e-0afa7c703b4c_zps40d4200a.jpg

Left - Bodrum Castle, Turkey: Dress from Primark, Converse shoes. Right - Kos Ampitheatre, Greece: Top from Willam Belli Merchandise, trousers from Primark.

 photo c8582f3e-4a18-47c1-9073-b95d71331a77_zps0dc9b83e.jpg

A big beauty staple on my holiday was a recent rather guilty purchase I made with my friend (I've since learned that it's quite dangerous to go into Mac when you're angsty), that of Mac's Candy Yum Yum lipstick. I originally saw it in Sunbeams Jess's videos and thought it would be a perfect holiday lipstick. You can see it more vibrantly in my post about natural beauty, it's such an amazing colour and really brings out my (extremely gradual) tan. Also, Mac lipsticks are £3 cheaper in duty free, something to consider if you're jetting off any time soon.

 photo a4ba7466-bc80-472a-b1da-94627a27b55c_zps6c01ffbe.jpg

Kos, Greece

 photo 7e8cddab-a41e-414d-8416-a4ef4f166ba5_zpsba08b8ca.jpg

'What's in my beach'
Toni Morrison 'Beloved', Topshop Lipstick in purple, Asos Cat Eye Sunglasses, River Island Pyjama style top (for when my swimsuit gets a bit cold on its own), EOS lipbalm, Disposable Camera.

 photo 2af0a73e-a951-422f-bce4-ee93a5964aa9_zps7d818307.jpg

And so it's goodbye holiday from me, hello mundane final dregs of further education!

Where did you go this Summer? And did you give your otherwise impeccable fashion sense a break when you were there? Come on, make me feel better here.

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x
Follow me!
Tweet Me
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Watch me on Youtube

15 comments :

  1. Fantastic round up post of the holiday. I think you looked fab throughout!

    -- http://chewkamu.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for double commenting but I just wanted to say thank you so much for the lovely comment that you left me! I've come a long way since those egg cakes 'ey? ;P

      -- cookchatsmile.com

      Delete
  2. stunning, hope you had a great holiday! :) xx

    http://claudirella.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://claudirella.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://claudirella.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool summary :) I've been to Budapest (Hungary) for this year's vacation. To answer your second question: you can never take a break from your style, you can only tone it down or adjust it ;)

    http://msnotweirdatall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! You and the places you visited :)

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time! You look lovely :)

    I wish I'd gone on holiday this summer, that last shot is gorgeous!

    missisgoode.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice dress! thanks for the comment.

    http://theragdolls.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! I'm so jealous of your travels, I've (sadly) not made it to Europe yet, and even worse, I didn't get to travel really at all this summer :/ BUT when I do travel, sometimes my style does slip a little (its hard to keep up with without a huge closet to choose from)

    Anyway, so excited to have found your blog, following on BlogLovin :)

    Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many fun colors! Love the dress :) You look amazing!

    Rachel Emma
    Daydream Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, it kind of sounds like what little travel you have had was pretty amazing, though. These photos are SO cool!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photo's are beautiful, I love that one of you in Bodrum Castle, all the colours and the pretty light! You look gorgeous. I also love your paisley trousers, they were definitely a good fashion choice :) I am NOT good at fashion in the hot weather, I mean if you're at the beach, all you need is a good selection of bikinis right? xx

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. black friday
    Black friday deals

    For this Black Friday countdown deals, there are a series of laptops ranging from $100 to $400 from renowned brands and

    manufacturers whereby quality, longevity and cost saving have been considered. Many laptops brands are on promotional offer

    and they include but not limited to: Acer, Asus, Samsung, Hp, Lenovo and Dell. All the products on offer have important

    quality integration measures designed from and are meant for easy use by the buyer. These laptops come with varying retail

    prices depending on the model and performance we have the following deals for you:

    Acer Aspire V5-131-2629

    This laptop retails at $348.99 for our Black Friday deal, but depending on it conditions it is available at various ranges of

    price, at $345.70 when it is new, at $304.99(used) and at $307.99 for a refurbished product. It can be shipped to the buyer

    for free but it is currently limited to those within the United States only.

    It has the following important features: windows 7 Home preium-64 bit, a 1.5Ghz Intel Celeron, 1007U processor, a 4 GB DDR3

    memory, 500GB hard drive, 11.6? LCD display and Intel HD graphics card.

    Even more, for scintillating experience for buyers, there are a range of android powered Tablets from renowned creative

    manufacturers. Like laptops, they offer unique, powerful usage with excellent graphical interfaces for easy use by the user.

    They range from $200 or less to $400, depending on performance. Albeit the prices, Tablets under $200 have a fixed screen

    size of 7? and storage capacity of 16GB but quality and amazing graphics aren't compromised. Amongst the many models and

    brands available, there is the following Samsung model Tablet available:

    Samsung Galaxy tab3

    It is a 7-inch screened gadget, white in color and in stock. The tablet is available at $179, fee inclusive of shipping but

    other used and refurbished products have a discounted rate of 24% and 22% from the shop retailing price of $199. The buyer

    also benefits from the free Hulu Plus membership, Google pay credit and Boingo Wi-Fi access.

    The crucial features of the tablet include: it is android powered with 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS with 1.2 GHz dual core processor,

    8GB flash memory with 1GB ram memory, 64GB internal storage drive and front and rear facing cameras of 3MP and 1.3MP

    respectively

    Click the picture for more black friday deals
    black friday

    ReplyDelete
  12. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete
  13. شركة نقل عفش واثاث بالدمام ابيات الشرقيه لخدمات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    نقل عفش بالخبر
    شركة نقل اثاث الدمام
    نقل عفش الدمام
    نقل عفش بالدمام

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...