Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Art print

I realise there's a been a bit of a delay with the new post on here, though I'm not entirely sure that 'sorry' is the right thing to say, as I doubt you're all waiting at your laptops baying for my blood, but even so, certain stress fuelled events have hindered me from seeing anything I post on here in an anyway positive or rational light, but now I'm back with my usual hard hitting fashun journalism.
Out of all the trends in the last few seasons, I think that the artistic and classical print is probably one of my favourites. Perhaps a bit disrespectful to the artists who slaved away on them, but aesthetically interesting none the less. Who is going to want to refuse being able to look like a piece of art? Not only that, it's a pretty easy look to replicate on a minimal budget, no spending your student loans on Versace here. I've found that Asian megastores like Romwe and Sheinside are particularly good at um, 'copying' designer looks for all us lowly fashion conscious peasants. I've infact been lusting after this skirt and for a while, and so I was thrilled when it came back in in my size (Online stores like this tend to be Asian sized, so any typical 'mediums' might find some of the clothes a little snug, remember to measure!) and snapped it up. I pre empted (I do that) that it might be quite a difficult skirt to style, probably only lending itself quite well to basic tops. I guess this look kind of veers towards 'A day at the museums' although I imagine arriving at a museum wearing a piece of art that you're not entirely sure of the name of might bring about some scorn. But my tip would be not to let on.
 photo 311c4f04-4d71-49ba-a614-84c94c79eee0_zps992b590a.jpg

Top - Olive
Skirt - Romwe
Shoes - River Island

 photo 8833154f-6ecf-43e9-a4fd-dc1933e70ab4_zpscf14883e.jpg

Bag - Cambridge Satchel Company

 photo 77c496cb-b223-4e19-b6ad-38f08aa99a36_zps7ac3064d.jpg

 photo 40b7b738-80dd-4dca-b4ca-e3bf5f53b8da_zps339fce02.jpg
Just a little hair update for anyone who is inter...well read it anyway. I've put my hair through a lot of trauma in the past month or so, which may be the reason it's not exactly been cooperating with me recently. I'm trying desperately to grow it out (a difficult task when you've essentially fried your hair) so I can do one of my favourite hairstyles - milkmaid braids. I can't get the plaits quite across my head, so they're a little clumsy but they're getting there. I was interested to see how it would work with my undercut too, and I kind of like the mixture of femininity and the tough look of the undercut. I'm going to be doing a longer post about what I've learnt from my hair dye experiences soon, so stay turned if you want to know what happens when someone clueless attempts to take their hair for a ride.
 photo f41127b5-b4bc-47d5-ab51-da937bc93dd3_zpsf665d922.jpg

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x
Follow me!
Tweet Me
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Watch me on Youtube

22 comments :

  1. Oh that skirt is gorgeous, love it paired with yellow stripes! I've been lusting over all the D&G inspired pieces on Romwe and Choies myself :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the art prints you've been wearing recently. We should pair up and I can wear my cheetah print t-shirt to feminism(s) with you! Also your hair continues to be fab. /winks across the room at you. (¬‿¬)

    http://www.cookchatsmile.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great print on the skirt and I would never have paired it with that top but it looks fucking awesome. Also how cool do milkmaid braids look with an undercut?! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute outfit :D looooove your hair!

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that skirt! I saw a pair of leggings printed with a famous painting and fell in love with them This skirt I like even more. You look beautiful!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the skirt, and your awesome hair :) xx

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shirt and purse, they match perfectly without being to obvious <3
    By the way your hair looks amazing!

    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
  8. my god, give me your hair and skirt! :O

    I hope you visit my blog too: http://spiked-soul.blogspot.com/ and maybe you follow me :)
    Have a nice evening!
    Elwira

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, you're adorable! I love your quirky and super unique style. Seriously loving your outfit.

    x Joana
    When You Dream Big

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your style and your amazing hair!
    http://my-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The skirt is amazingmas your hair!
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  12. awh, i am in love with your skirt here! i'd where that in a second!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for stopping by at my blog and your lovely comment!

    Your skirt looks gorgeous, also love this classical print trend

    Greetings from London,

    www.chrissabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. your hair is awesome! Also love the booties! Loved your blog and will come back for sure! I find it very inspirational...

    Oh, I just started following you on GFC and Bloglovin by the way! Hope you come by my blog sometime too! Would love to know what you think about it, and maybe follow me back if you like it? We can also follow each other everywhere else;)!

    These are my links hun <3:
    Instant Milk link
    Facebook page link
    Twitter link
    Bloglovin link

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my very first time visiting your blog

    I'm amazed! You have such a gorgeous style. You look so gorgeous!

    kiss from Melbourne :*


    Ichi and Pristan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wauw your hair! It looks so cool :)
    Love your skirt.
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete
  17. In love with your style! xxx

    http://shannonmarina.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the skirt! It's such an interesting piece. I'm definitely looking forward to your post about your hair. As a fellow hair abuser I love getting tips on how to best keep it healthy (and coloured, haha). Lovely post :)

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I think you've just convinced me to get one of those skirts. Awesome look! xx

    ReplyDelete

  20. اهم شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام كذلك معرض اهم شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والخبر والاحساء والقطيف كذكل شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة وتنظيف بجدة ومكافحة الحشرات بالخبر وكشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل والقطيف والخبر والدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام

    ReplyDelete
  21. اهم شركات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهران
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بالخرج
    شركة نقل عفش بالقصيم

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...