Wednesday, 6 November 2013

I Don't Want To Go To Chelsea

Okay, the title is a bit of a lie. I do, sort of, though honestly I feel more comfortable East than in the world of perfect manicures and ridiculously posh cars. It's just everytime I go I get the Elvis Costello song in my head of the same name, so it seemed like an appropriate title.

So do you remember when I said in the last post that a Halloween costume would be forthcoming (or are you, like me, a bit of a skim reader)? Well, turns out it is not, as I forgot to ask anyone to photograph it, which is frankly a bit of a shame, but just imagine me with cardboard ears that are meant to be horns and a rather unflattering dress and green stained eyes (I was a troll, DUH). That said, the second part of my blog promise, that of two special guests, will be very much fulfilled. This weekend, my two best friends from home, Lucy and Emily, came for their second London visit. I've known them since the early part of secondary school, and if anybody is going to be able to make me collapse into uncontrollable laughter, it's those two. As with their last visit, we decided to go to King's Road, the night after my flat's Halloween party, for a bit of shopping and to gawp at all the insanely rich people walking down the road. We took these pictures outside the Saatchi gallery, before heading off to Patisserie Valerie for a meal between lunch and dinner (Linner? Dunch?), then back to East London for yet more dinner (we eat a lot when we're together).

 photo e547c721-f57a-4275-8b5d-57411573070b_zpsd89d05d5.jpg

 photo 381eee8b-5bfd-461e-9343-54c1f7f77482_zps3a49e92d.jpg
Standing to attention!

Dress - The Whitepepper (Currently sold out on the website as well as asos annoyingly)
Socks - New Look (old)
Shoes - Thrifted, originally Russell and Bromley

 photo 057_zpsf544f788.jpg
Coat - Topshop
Satchel (just seen) - Zatchels

I've wanted to photograph this Whitepepper dress for quite a while, as I absolutely adore all (and I mean all) their clothes, this sailor dress stood out to me immediately when I found it on the Asos website. As with my other dress from them, it's loose fitting, meaning it's difficult to wear things with, and ultimately it looks better by itself. However, so that I didn't freeze, I partnered it with my sailor coat from Topshop, which was a appropriate choice, and my purple satchel. It also gave me a lovely opportunity to wear my Russell and Bromley loafers, which are one of my absolutely favourite finds in a charity shop ever (only pipped to the post by my incredible Paul Costello coat). I had wanted these exact loafers for ages, but for around £200 it was completely out of the question. Lucky I found these for £8 in one of my favourite charity shops - Llamas Pyjamas in Bethnal Green! Seriously, if you're around there you really should go, but don't grab too much of the good stuff!

 photo 980a060a-c43a-4c80-a575-753981da8525_zpsa0809cf4.jpg
Chipped nails and poorly applied lipstick, this is why I am not a beauty guru!
 photo 0b5b7e45-ea30-48d0-8842-ed85dda47cd1_zps27726971.jpg

 photo 85d54e49-8559-4ab2-8840-bc009288130b_zpscccbdab4.jpg

 photo 075_zps1d287275.jpg

 photo 071_zpse6ccab66.jpg

 photo 070_zpse3800a7c.jpg

I'd say Lucy, Emily and myself have pretty different approaches to style. Theirs is a lot more classic (and probably more suited to a wander down the Kings Road than mine). Lucy is wearing a Topshop Gold chain borrowed from me, which looks really awesome with collars, alongside some studded H&M boots that she bought on her last trip after braving Oxford Street in the rain in ballet shoes. You can say a lot for her, but a practical dresser she ain't. Alongside this she's wearing Morange by Mac which she talks about in one of her youtube videos. She's apparently pretty big on Youtube I hear, not as big as me, but she'll get there. Emily is wearing a River Island scarf and the pride and joy of her life, her Zara bag (which Lucy and I cajoled her into buying after she was deliberating a large splurge in Oxford's Zara last Summer). Emily has a blog that she's not updated for a while so please visit that and nag her to write another post, goodness I've tried.

Thanks to Emily for taking the majority of my outfit photos and to Lucy for being my personal stylist (sort of).

So now two of my nearest and dearest mates have packed off back to their uni towns (By the way, I was the one weeping, waving a hanky with a 50's headscarf around my head at Paddington on Monday on their departure) I'm left to continue slogging through uni deadlines, but new posts shall be forthcoming!

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x
Follow me!
Tweet Me
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Watch me on Youtube (don't.)

12 comments :

  1. that coat. that dress. oh come on. could anything in the world be paired more perfectly?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit, and your cute socks xx

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit, that dress is precious and I love it teamed up with the loafers which were an incredible find btw! If only I could find a pair of R&B loafers for that price! The socks look cute too, also very weather appropriate haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is the cutest outfit!
    I love the sailor theme.
    And your hair!! Loving the colour.

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally thought that was a Deer Creatures dress, I love it!

    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is so pretty! I love the way you've styled it with long socks and a sailor coat. It also looks great with your hair (as does everything!) and I love the shade of lipstick you're wearing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this outfit, looks like a collage cute girl! Love your hair so much!
    Great blog and outfits I'm a new follower for sure! :3

    SHE WALKS Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sailor amazingness!! I wanted that coat so much (if it's the one from about 3/4 years ago, if it's a new one then they had a similar one a few years ago) but I so rarely buy anything from TopShop... I remember resorting to eBay but alas have never quite found it. What a gorgeous dress too! Also I love your outfit in contrast to your friends - they look cool but you'd be the one I'd style crush in the street. (I sound like an insane stalker, I'm totally not) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. شركة نقل عفش واثاث بالدمام ابيات الشرقيه لخدمات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    نقل عفش بالخبر
    شركة نقل اثاث الدمام
    نقل عفش الدمام
    نقل عفش بالدمام

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...