Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Dressing Dangerously

Live dangerously, dress dangerously, that's my motto. All I really need is some spiky boots that have been the rage for the last few seasons, except knowing me I'd somehow manage to impale myself on them. Anyway, I kid, dress based mottos are probably not the way to experience life, but even so, it relates to my outfit today. It's safe to say that garish and exuberantly patterned clothing is probably more suited to the fiery amongst us. Look at the Spice Girls, with Geri's Union Jack minidress and Mel B's leopard print numbers. I guess there's something very 'Girl Power' about it, as if to say, 'don't mess with me, as I am able to make clothing choices that put the fear of God into man.' This was what I was going for anyway. A bodycon dress and heels is a pretty scary prospect for me. When I saw this cheerful little number on my old favourite Daisy Street (originally a shoe store that sold some amazing Charlotte Olympia inspired pumps, how about some more guys?) I had to have it. The shape is a godsend for me, relatively tight fitting but also long enough so I don't have to be pulling my skirt down so as not to ride up by my hips all day. Outwardly timid as I am, this is just another perfect example of my dress sense trying to convey a certain part of myself that can't be done through my little voice and reserved demeanour. For all you know I could be giving Scary Spice a real run for her money.
 photo 2f2e8125-749a-40aa-9a40-84f9c517a18c_zps5ccd0c55.png
Dress - Daisystreet
Jacket - New Look
Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell
 photo b3497e94-144d-48c5-8f00-6ea1b09b2002_zps74fbe9ba.png
I dressed up this outfit a bit with a pair of suede wedges. These are Jeffrey Campbell, a designer who every self respecting blogger seems to have at least one pair of shoes from. I've not worn these ones out yet, due to my clumsiness and penchant for Converse, but they're wonderfully bright and beautiful nonetheless.
 photo 987d0c8b-6d6a-4fda-aa52-e3a441d0a83e_zps872eaf71.png
I've been wearing my hair in this new style recently, which basically involves my old milkmaid braids alongside my fringe in the world's smallest quiff. The top part of my face hasn't truly seen the light of day for years, as I've convinced myself that I am most definitely a fringe person. Whilst I still believe that, I quite like the retroness of this particular style.

Hope you enjoyed this, and I'll be back soon alongside my fellow blogging buddy, Jaime at Hard Crimson! We're collaborating on a post on a topic we're both pretty passionate about (nothing world changing, but certainly relevant to fashion) so next time I'm here she will be joining me, so see you then!

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x
Follow me!
Tweet Me
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Watch me on Youtube

29 comments :

  1. You look fantastic! I love those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit I absolutely love! That dress is the perfect length and it looks like it was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit so much! That tiger dress is amazing and perfectly accentuates your amazing figure! Well done!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun outfit, I love the print on that dress! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Bel! I've been away from blogger to long and missed all of your wonderful outfit posts. Glad to see your still rockin alternative fashion! University kept me away for a while but now I have breathing space again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that dress! goes so well with the bag two!
    smozzy
    xxx
    http://ameadowfullofdaisies.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the shoes. and the dress is gorgeous!
    Eden xx edenroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove your hair like this, you look really gorgeous! Also, your gold eyeshadow is really pretty :) The lion print on your dress is just the cutest! You do fiery well xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in desperate need of a pair of those Jeffrey Campbell shoes!
    Saw you around campus today! Loving the hair colour even more in person and thank you for commenting on my blog!

    Jaye
    The Life of JP x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daring outfit! Love it! Love the purple in your hair too, very cute. :)

    xx Lindsey
    Whimsical Allure

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah this outfit is gorgeous! love the print on the dress and your hair is beautiful x

    http://www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tigers are my fave and the illustration is super cute. You pull it off girl!
    zozo | atelier zozo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the hair style, you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your style !! i love your hair colour wish i could pull that off
    thks for your lovely comment on my blog
    have a great day

    xoxo
    http://livelifeamour.blogspot.com
    following you via bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cute braids and this rad dress are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this look and the print of the dress it's so quirky aaaand I'm loving your hair here too!
    Thank you for such a lovely comment over on my blog!
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the print on that dress. And your hair!! I'm so jealous! I've been lusting after lilac hair for soo long, but couldn't muster the courage to do it. x x x


    STYLE STACK - A personal style blog

    STYLE STACK - A personal style blog

    STYLE STACK - A personal style blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love this look (the dress is amazing!) and your hair looks so nice!
    - Charlotte
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun! Loving your style :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. The dress fits great and it is as beautiful in person as it is in the picture. I am very satisfied and I highly recommend dealing with this company. Great customer service too.
    kate spade flats

    ReplyDelete
  21. The spotted clothing is more attractive that the rest, several thanks for the post.
    target store

    ReplyDelete
  22. Multiple stripped fashion is liked by many, impressive post.
    Debenhams Voucher Code

    ReplyDelete
  23. شركة نقل عفش واثاث بالدمام ابيات الشرقيه لخدمات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    نقل عفش بالخبر
    شركة نقل اثاث الدمام
    نقل عفش الدمام
    نقل عفش بالدمام

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...