Thursday, 23 January 2014

Birthday Looks

I'm always a bit ambivalent about my birthday. Not because I necessarily fear getting older, but there's something about a day supposedly dedicated to you where you demand people to celebrate another year of your existence on earth that I find a little...stressful. Nevertheless, as a 21 year old, and an immensely happy one, I had to pull out all the stops. Or at least, some of the stops, the distinctly wine tasting stops. I'll lead you through my rather lovely day....
I woke up after a decent lie in (probably the part of the day which I was most looking forward to) and was treated to a cup of tea, some crumpets and a few presents from my boyfriend. I got the Prada Candy perfume I had been coveting for so long, perfume magpie as I am. I then took a luxurious shower and got ready to go out and have lunch at the Breakfast Club, which I had never been to before. Though not a food critic by any standards (see my best friend Luke's lovely blog for that) I can confirm that the menu is amazing, the decor bright and breezy, the staff friendly, and in regards to this particular branch, located in a beautiful area laced with overpriced vintage shops and antiques.We had a proper look around Islington, and I have to say that it is one of my favourite areas of London, though a little posh and overpriced, it has lots going for it. But more on that story later.
Here's what I wore during the day:
 photo f2038f31-50c1-4bff-80d0-d3298d1c68e9_zps4b91ed5e.jpg
Coat - Topshop via Ebay
Dress - Apricot
Hat - H&M
Bag - Zatchels
Shoes - DaisyStreet (no longer on there)

I went for a uncharacteristically 'girly' look, teaming my trusty Topshop sailor coat (the love of my young life and something I will inevitably pass down to the little News) with a dress I found in Apricot. It is essentially a brilliant replica of an Orla Kiely dress (I'm assuming this was intentional) that I had fallen for, but instead of being about £300, it was £8. This is one of the first times I have worn it, but I really love it!

 photo b974057b-1072-4ef3-8172-57361cadc8ba_zpsd0950c81.jpg
In the evening I treated my friends to a selection of alcohol that I had bought for a cocktail party, which involved me frantically scraping Iceland nibbles off a baking tray after burning them (it's possible) and honing my cocktail making skills (orange and vodka still counts as a cocktail chaps). Either way, it gave me the ultimate excuse to ur 'glam up' (coming out with all the embarrassing cliches today).
 photo 1c8a5de9-3ee0-4c28-91c9-33abde232b1f_zps05810ac3.jpg
Jacket - Topshop (sold out online)
Dress - Rare London via Ark (no longer online)
 photo 4811c303-fe5b-4b4e-b9d5-7a91a4b1f12d_zps55371734.jpg
This dress was just one of many frantic sales buys from Ark Clothing, which hands down is my favourite clothing shop on the internet. I could sing its praises all day but I probably won't because I talk enough about dresses as it is. All I'll say is that it's super reasonable, has a huge amount of clothing and brands and brilliant discounts. I'm not even getting paid to say this, but seriously, go visit them if you want your life ruined by dress based addiction. This particular dress is from an English brand called Rare, it has a slit up the side and is ideal for more sophisticated soirees, so probably not this particular one, but oh well. I paired it with my new Topshop suit jacket, I wanted a shiny suit and when I saw this beautiful piece from the Modern Tailoring collection go into the sale I snapped it up.


Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x
Follow me!
Tweet Me
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Watch me on Youtube

15 comments :

  1. Your hair looks FANATASTIC and your outfit in the morning was super cute. ( ´͈ ॢꇴ `͈ॢ)・*♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a great day! your dress is so pretty and looks so good with your lipstick and hair!
    - Charlotte
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that jacket from Topshop complements your outfit! and love your hair colours


    www.chariscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That coat is just so adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Luke your hair looks completely rad in these photos. When the first photo popped up on Bloglovin I was like "OMG, she's gone and got a bloody Orla Kiely dress" which is tragic that I can recognise a dress like that. Amazing dress I want to see more of it. Great evening outfit as well, you are a vision in silver!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looooove both of the dresses, the first one is so adorable and I know I say this every time I leave a comment... BUT I LOOVE your hair colour!! It's so beautiful!
    Glad to see you had a good day and don't worry, I feel the same about my birthday, the thought of people focusing their attention on me all day makes me so anxious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday lovely! You look gorgeous in both outfits! I knew I recognised that first dress from somewhere, I love the original Orla Kiely one and even better for this one being £8, what a bargain. I'm glad you had such a fantastic day, and all this talk of food (burnt or otherwise!) has made me hungry! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! You look gorgeous. The evening outfit is my favourite, you're so glamorous! The dress is so lovely and sophisticated, flowy maxi dresses are the best. I alos love that you've matched your lipstick to your hair xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the nice post

    Packers and Movers Bangalore Will Ensure Tension-Free Move

    Ready to move? Request free quotes today!

    Packers and Movers Bangalore @ http://www.shiftingguide.in/packers-and-movers-bangalore.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. شركة نقل عفش بالدمام الشرق الاوسط متحصصه فى نقل عفش واثاث بالدمام ونقل العفش بالخبر كما انها توفر شركة نقل عفش بالجبيل والخبر وشركة نقل عفش بالقطيف والاحساء وجميع خدمات نقل العفش والاثاث بالمنطقة الشرقية بارخص اسعار نقل عفش بالدمام وتقدم ايضا شركة تخزين عفش بالدمام والخبر
    نقل عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
    شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر
    شركة نقل اثاث بالجبيل
    شركة نقل عفش بالخبر
    شركة نقل عفش بالقطيف
    شركة نقل اثاث بالاحساء

    ReplyDelete

  11. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...