Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Going Bananas

I love a good offbeat print. Something a little weird, and dare I say quirky, will immediately draw me in. As a result,you have no idea how long I have wanted to show this particular garment off. Do I even need to say which one I'm talking about in these pictures? It's not everyday that you shell out your hard earned *cough cough, student loan* money on a banana print jacket. Of course, my love of anything bright and a little bit odd will mean that I am much more likely to part with the pennies (the sentence 'shut up and take my money' springs to mind). And it's been quite the asset to my wardrobe, let me tell you. It's a piece of clothing you could definitley imagine would result in a mad rush of photographers running at you on the cobbles of Somerset House. Not that this has been a reality for me just yet (but you just wait), but being adorned with bananas certainly makes me feel super high fashion, darling.
 photo d59acdd0-2c03-4225-ae28-7a637a2ae60a_zpscbe508a5.jpg
Jacket - Topshop (sold out)
Shirt - Olive (sold out)
Jeans - Joni by Topshop
Shoes - Charity Shop
 photo b5ef5697-a621-4f17-886f-1d9b59ccb058_zps35de7e8d.jpg
Ring - Museum of London Docklands
How gorgeous is this ring? I'm not usually a big ring wearer but I knew I had to have this one. I found it in the pirate themed section of the gift shop, and I had to pick up this particular piece of buried treasure. Tyler thought it looked rather tacky, but I actually think it looks really stunning and is surprisingly well made for a plastic ring! I especially adore the emerald colour.
 photo 9a5cdc49-7a36-49e3-a86c-a204f078f2ef_zps219be44f.jpg

 photo 94f77805-65f1-4893-8f91-2ec83083d199_zpsc5703886.jpg

 photo 3c12f543-e364-4321-a98d-a3cfcdb1a2c0_zps521043af.jpg
The 'pretending to walk off into the light' set of pictures!

Hope you liked this! What is the weirdest print currently on an item of clothing in your wardrobe? I need extra style inspiration!

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x
Follow me!
Tweet Me
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Watch me on Youtube

21 comments :

  1. You look fantastic! That print is just crazy enough to be eccentric but not too distracting. I dig it. I think my craziest print is my green, purple, blue, and red fish pattern mumu thing. It's kind of hideous and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jacket is so fun!!!!! I love it. You pull it off well!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this jacket! Never would have thought a banana print would look actually really nice :)
    The 'quirkiest' print I own is one with cats all over and it's a pretty lame one.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jacket is fabulous! Matter of fact, I would mind owning it myself :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous outfit, that jacket is amazing!


    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely amazing, I love that fun jacket and the colour goes so well with your hair! I just recently visited this museum on a uni trip and loved the little gift store section too hehe :) xx

    Adventures of an Anglophile

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the ring looks tacky but I LOVE tacky so I think it's awesome!
    You look fantastic
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a cool outfit, that jacket is really amazing and definitely looks high fashion :) <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete
  9. That jacket is to die for *_*
    This is such a great find !

    thelittlefashionette.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog!

    In love with this outfit, love the clash between the yellow and your purple hair!
    I will now proceed to stalk Ebay for this jacket as I seem to feel a little bit lost without it now.

    Alice xx

    thegirlinthetartanboots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wauw, I loveee the jacket! Monday I'm going to London, maybe I will see it there :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your banana print jacket! It looks good with the stripes too. All these bloggers posting spring/summer outfits when it's freezing outside is really confusing me, haha. Your jacket doesn't look warm but it is beautiful! I'm not sure I have any crazy prints but my friend has the most gorgeous pineapple swimming costume! I also love your ring, the colour is lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This jacket is everything. Love it x
    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous outfit! I love how the yellow and purple clash but go so well together! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  15. this banana jacket is so cute! and I love your hair!
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your jacket and the colour of your hair too! Thanks for the comment, I'm now following your cute blog xx

    LovefromLouLou.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. شركة نقل عفش بالدمام الشرق الاوسط متحصصه فى نقل عفش واثاث بالدمام ونقل العفش بالخبر كما انها توفر شركة نقل عفش بالجبيل والخبر وشركة نقل عفش بالقطيف والاحساء وجميع خدمات نقل العفش والاثاث بالمنطقة الشرقية بارخص اسعار نقل عفش بالدمام وتقدم ايضا شركة تخزين عفش بالدمام والخبر
    نقل عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
    شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر
    شركة نقل اثاث بالجبيل
    شركة نقل عفش بالخبر
    شركة نقل عفش بالقطيف
    شركة نقل اثاث بالاحساء

    ReplyDelete

  18. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...