Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Colour Clash

'Colour coordination really isn't your thing is it?' said an antique vendor to me as I strolled along Portobello market in fluro trainers and an orange fur coat, looking like I'd rolled through a highlighter factory. As we know, I like to mix up my colourings now and then. Even so, I have to say this outfit was a bit of a departure for me. For a start, I always thought Sports Luxe would be a trend that would pass me by. But as per usual, my love of trying different styles and my 3am trawling through Asos resulted in a whole new look. I think I may be addicted to internet shopping, and that's bad, very bad.
This was the first outing of my Primark snapback, alongside my luminous Nike trainers, which may give me the 'street' look, but really my presence on the 'street' is considerably limited.  photo 8thmarch7jpg_zpsa331a283.jpg

Coat - Whistles (via charity shop)
Dress - Charity Shop
Leggings - American Apparel (via charity shop)
Shoes - Nike via Asos
Hat - Primark

 photo 8thmarch8jpg_zpsf642aa89.jpg
Alongside my colourful accessories, I wore this nebula dress which I found in the same charity shop as the orange coat. Nebula may be very 2011, but I really loved that print and I feel like I don't own enough galaxy print clothes. Under this I wore my disco pants, which are fraying really badly at the crotch and unfortunately can't be worn as trousers any more. Though I've bought a few things from American Apparel in the past, I've not had good experiences with the Easy Jean or the Disco Pants as both of them frayed or ripped. Nevertheless they are super comfy and I'll probably still wear them till they tear completely!
 photo 8thmarch9jpg_zps9290c960.jpg

 photo 6bdf7ba4-d388-4533-9a8f-6c5ea175f959_zps27eebadd.jpg

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x
Follow me!
Tweet Me
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Watch me on Youtube

15 comments :

  1. When I first read what that antique vendor had said about you I was shocked as I really don't see what they were talking about now as I think you look amazing, you can pull off any style, very envious!

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your brave combinations, that galaxy dress and the neon sneakers are phenomenal! <3

    Adventures of an Anglophile

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colors!! annnnd suuuper digging your trainers!


    -Leeds
    at this volume

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely doll, gorgeous look!! Precious blog, I like it. Thank you for visiting my blog doll, I hope you have a great week :) xx

    Kizzy
    The Dainty Dolls House

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look! Love that dress! :)
    xx
    www.modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colourful outfit indeed! Unlike the shop keeper I actually quite like it though. I'm not so big on the sports luxe thing on myself but I do envy the comfy clothes!

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lush outfit. Your hair is amazing :)

    www.feelingvague.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how you played with the colors! so bright and cheery <3


    Love,
    Pudding Monster

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so different! The orange and yellow is really cute, ignore that antiques vendor! I love your galaxy print dress too, that's such a good charity shop find :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! I love the contrast of your hair and the coat :)
    Becky x
    Vintage Clothing UK

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic dress! And I love color of your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. شركة نقل عفش بالدمام الشرق الاوسط متحصصه فى نقل عفش واثاث بالدمام ونقل العفش بالخبر كما انها توفر شركة نقل عفش بالجبيل والخبر وشركة نقل عفش بالقطيف والاحساء وجميع خدمات نقل العفش والاثاث بالمنطقة الشرقية بارخص اسعار نقل عفش بالدمام وتقدم ايضا شركة تخزين عفش بالدمام والخبر
    نقل عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
    شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر
    شركة نقل اثاث بالجبيل
    شركة نقل عفش بالخبر
    شركة نقل عفش بالقطيف
    شركة نقل اثاث بالاحساء

    ReplyDelete

  14. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...