Saturday, 24 May 2014

Prague

Where the hell have I been? Well, I've been pretty much drowning under a sea of final essays and can now say that the dissertation is submitted and the degree completed, giving me ample time to get back into blogging. A few days after my deadline I went off to Prague with my friend Leigh, as we'd both decided a long time ago that we wanted to visit and thought we might as well hop to it as a post university celebration. Everything went super smoothly (which is good for me as I'm not very used to travelling), our hotel was absolutely brilliant, and the city was everything I had hoped for. I thought I would share the pictures with you as Prague is such a beautiful city, and there's a few outfits hidden in here too (oo).
 photo e813086f-04e5-440b-8f06-20f4543e293a_zps67a9cd63.jpg
Walking up the (many many) steps to Prague Castle!
 photo a1545148-75c7-4831-8939-50d83fc895d1_zpsac040d4c.jpg
The Astronomical Clock Tower. 
I have to say it was pretty underwhelming, though kind of sinister. Basically it goes off and all these skeleton and religious models start moving about which is pretty eerie but clearly it's a tourist favourite.
 photo 43c603e8-17d6-4a8a-b60a-87ca5265a818_zpsec5cab08.jpg
Day 1 outfit:
Co Ord set: Ark Clothing (appears to be sold out but I've linked their other co-ords!)
Sandals - Topshop (I think they're sold out?)
Seeing as it was going to be around 26 degrees for the whole 2 days we were were there I packed exclusively shorts and floaty summer dresses. I was really excited to wear this ark set as the English weather hadn't exactly allowed for it until now. Leigh and I spent a lot of the time walking round wondering why so many of the locals were wearing jeans and dressing in black. Apparently dressing in super skimpy summer outfits in this weather was equivalent to wearing a large sign with 'ENGLISH' written on it.
 photo 29d48151-e9e2-498f-a831-9199bf7e0ab5_zps59d018fc.jpg
View from Prague castle
 photo 70755580-d7b0-4653-b3e6-4da0aa8e96e3_zpsb9da71ab.jpg
Leigh was the designated map person!
 photo praguejpg_zpsebb0d1ce.jpg
...and I drank the cocktails! 
 photo praguepost3jpg_zps80e3d64e.jpg
Day Two Outfit:
Dress - Kate Moss for Topshop
Sunglasses - Asos

Bit of insider knowledge for you, I wasn't going to keep this dress, but I saved it from the clothing scrap heap at the very last minute. It is the famous Kate Moss pansy dress from her first collection for Topshop which I had wanted for so so long, and when I finally got my hands on it I was sort of disappointed by the feel of the material and the fit. I thought I'd give it one more go and I have to say I do like it a little more, although it's certainly not my favourite of my many many dresses.

 photo d5bf1c82-8a42-4813-9713-08bcbd625eab_zps0e055676.jpg
St George Basilica
 photo 9cf913ca-fb71-412b-aa5d-e74f096338c5_zpse560d059.jpg
Stained glass in St Vitus Cathedral
 photo 99e6a930-91ad-4a5b-9168-c2738b4e68f6_zps24b79aa8.jpg
View from Charles Bridge!

I hope you enjoyed my snaps! Expect a lot more from Rags of Love soon (not before time I know)!

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

9 comments :

  1. It looks like you had a super good time! I'm very very jealous. Can't wait to hear all about it in real life. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun and YOU look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prague looks amazing- I would stick out like a typical English there too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Prague last year and loved it!! I would definitely go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! Prague is number one on my "bits of Europe I still need to see" list. Love the clock, it reminds of me of that pissing boy statue in Brussels which is so grim but so popular with tourists. It's literally a tiny statue of a boy pissing and water comes out of his tiny stone cock. Horrific. xXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Now that you've finished and possibly have some more free time we should try and find a time to do our meet up and hang out irl thing? xx

    ReplyDelete

  7. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete
  8. ان اردت نقل عفش منزلك بالدمام ابيات الشرقية من اهم شركات نقل العفش بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والقطيف والاحساء
    شركة المتحدة
    شركة نقل عفش بنجران
    شركة نقل عفش بخميس مشيط
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بابها

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...