Friday, 13 June 2014

Strange Clothing

'There is no exquisite beauty...without some strangeness in the proportion.' Edgar Allan Poe

I like it when a clothing brand does exactly what it says on the tin, or the label in this case. When I was contacted by Patrick at Strange Clothing Co, I was taken by the name's simplicity, as well as being excited to see an Oxford based company making such incredible pieces. Seriously, they really are good. The illustrations are bold and completely on point, depicting skulls, rams, octopuses and roaring bears, all with a sort of almost victorian feel of sensationalism ('behold the octopod, deadly spider of the sea!' adorns one particular t-shirt). What is particularly great about Patrick's creations is that he has clearly put so much work into each piece, making it damn near impossible to replicate on the high street. I was excited by the prospect of being able to style up these pieces, so I've included two of my favourite items of clothing, and I only hope I've been able to do them justice!
 photo 0658e6f8-9c44-4fcd-bd7d-72f0dba122a6_zps0598c523.jpg

 photo 9b8b7142-200d-49f9-827c-eb4a692500e3_zpsfbadb954.jpg
Leggings - C/O Strange Clothing Co 
Top - Primark
Sheer cardigan - H&M
Shoes - Asos

These skull print leggings are seriously eye catching. Though they might be considered more suitable for day wear, I thought I'd go for an evening look to create a sort of 'creature of the night' style chic. I paired them with my velvet heels from Asos and my sheer long cardigan from H&M, that first made an appearance in my 'bitchcraft' post. The sophisticated goth soiree look is for always.

 photo 41dd725d-5d21-4246-9d11-1cb590b36144_zps8f220c91.jpg

 photo 69c55c2b-9bdd-4506-89ac-26eaa38c12f5_zpsba852028.jpg
Bear t-shirt - C/O Strange Clothing Co
Disco Pants - AA via charity shop
Shoes - Hunter via TK Maxx
Bag - Zatchels

When I saw this downright AMAZING bear t-shirt on the website I instantly fell in love, it's undoubtedly my favourite of Patrick's designs, and it's apparently been flying off the shelves after everyone and their mum have started wearing it (have a look at their instagram to see some other snaps of it). I paired my top with my trusty disco pants and a leather jacket, because despite hesitating to use the phrase 'statement piece' - well, this really is. In fact, I'd say all the Strange Clothing pieces are.

Thanks so much to Patrick for sending over these clothes, I had a lot of fun styling them! If you want to have a gander at Strange Clothing's shop, you can do so here. The clothes really are completely unique and they're certainly not exaggerating about the 'strange' part!

Which is your favourite item, the bear shirt or the skull leggings?
Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

18 comments :

  1. Wowie! Those skull-print leggings look super-awesome!!!
    And love how you've styled both the looks! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can grab a pair at www.strangeclothingco.bigcartel.com! ;)

      Delete
  2. Those skull leggings look so cool! I love them!

    http://www.mariedarling.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We will launch some more leggings this year! :)

      Check out our other stuff on:
      www.strangeclothingco.bigcartel.com!

      Delete
  3. Great feature! Thanks Belphoebe! :)

    The strange blog is over at: http://strangeclothingco.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love these! Especially like the skull leggings! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We will launch some more leggings this year! :)

      Check out our other stuff on:
      www.strangeclothingco.bigcartel.com!

      Delete
  5. I love both these outfits! And I love the phrase "sophisticated goth soiree look." You pull it off better than anyone I know! The bear shirt is my favourite piece I think. The detail in the design is really nice, and he looks pretty angry! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool! love the skull print leggings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you like! We will launch some more leggings this year! :)

      Check out our other stuff on:
      www.strangeclothingco.bigcartel.com!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow, I love those skull leggings! The bear shirt is also amazing, I'm definitely going to check Strange Clothing out!
    Ps. I'm a new follower, I love your style!
    Kloe xx
    skullsnkisses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments! Did you check out Strange?

      If you haven't yet, roll over to:
      www.strangeclothingco.bigcartel.com!

      Delete
  8. Colorful clothing women are interested in, this issue makes the blog more interesting.
    Debenhams Voucher Code

    ReplyDelete

  9. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete
  10. ان اردت نقل عفش منزلك بالدمام ابيات الشرقية من اهم شركات نقل العفش بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والقطيف والاحساء
    شركة المتحدة
    شركة نقل عفش بنجران
    شركة نقل عفش بخميس مشيط
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بابها

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...