Sunday, 6 July 2014

Bel and the Machine

'Festival, boho chic' my mind suggested to me whilst I was deliberating what to call this post. Sensible, relevant and possibly search optimising suggestions though they are, I thought I would make reference to a style icon I looked to in creating this outfit. So, 'Bel and the Machine' it is! Yes, I actually made that editorial decision.
I love Florence and the Machine and I have been fondly listening to her a lot more recently. I absolutely adore both of her albums (although Ceremonials is a clear favourite) and have been fortunate enough to see her awkwardly whirling about a stage with that incredible, incredible voice. She is so striking and statuesque, but nonetheless totally accessible to a clumsy, tall lady like me. Her style is amazing, long floaty gowns with intricate details which make her quite a sight to see when on stage, let me tell you. She seems to be taking a break at the moment but I'm excited to see her reintroduce herself, because though she is in many ways a mainstream artist, there was something so refreshingly different about her that I and many others could get on board with.
 photo 27d410a5-8843-4825-a39d-caa3f2f2360e_zpsd9df8077.jpg
I certainly felt a little bit Florencey in this outfit. The TK Maxx cardigan is very much a target at the festival season, although not being much of a festival goer myself I did wonder whether it would be an open invitation to get covered in mud. However, I love the way it feels to wear and it goes perfectly with this beautiful dress. It makes me feel like a princess, although truthfully I'm not entirely sure how a princess feels, but you know.
I'm super proud of this dress. Wandering round South Shields market (a large seaside town in the North East of England) I noticed a stall filled with beautifully curated second hand clothing, with the sign '2 for £5!' emblazoned across it. Let me tell you, I was excited. I picked out two dresses, including this one, and went away with the extremely smug satisfaction of knowing that they would be £35 each down in some horrendously overpriced vintage shop in London. I've actually got a post on Tyne and Wear vintage shops on the way!
 photo 384e5a91-a4bf-419a-9627-d999c444dd00_zps5f79774a.jpg
Dress - Secondhand
Fringed cardigan - TK Maxx
Shoes - Doc Martens
Sunglasses - Romwe
 photo a308acbd-e008-4e57-bfc2-c68c03f14b8f_zpsbfed9e9e.jpg

 photo 8a1b80bd-94e0-48b6-adf9-ae211d242581_zpsc3be3bee.jpg
This post is also the premiere of my new boots! These were a find in a charity shop in South Shields. My buying was accompanied by a backing track of a busker covering John Legend and Ed Sheeran, a sight made more captivating by the old age pensioner who took it upon herself to provide dancing accompaniment for AN HOUR (this actually happened, there was a lot of hip swivelling and creative wielding of her walk stick). I bought these almost new boots at the bargain price of £25! This was on the same day as buying the dress so my GOD was I smug.

(Regarding my brand spanking new hair, there will be a post about it this week!)
Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

14 comments :

  1. So so perfect for the summers, this whole outfit! <3
    And I'm totally eyeing your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So in love with this outfit! The dress and boots look perfect together and your hair is a dream <3

    Adventures of an Anglophile

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is perfect, I cannot believe you got the boots for £25, lucky you! Beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this outfit especially that cardigan! Florence and the machine are definitely pretty amazing! I love her energy on stage!

    Marie,
    http://www.mariedarling.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you've done with your hair! Goes really well with your shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THEM SHOOOOOES wow <3 xxx

    http://thevelvetwonder.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those boots are amazing!!! I also adore your hair! Perfection!

    www.babyrebelblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute outfit! I feel like I've overlistened to Florence and the Machine but I stll love her style. She has the most incredible wardrobe, and you pull of the Florence look so well! Your dress is gorgeous, and you can never go wrong with a tassely kimono. Your shoes are amazing, and very pink! I'm not going to any fetsivals this year but I wish I was, partly so I could get away with wearing "festival" clothes for a week. Also, my boyfriend is from the North East and the charity shops up there are pretty good! I swear by the Salvation Army in Durham xx

    www.jessthetics.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing hair! I love it so much! Thanks for sharing!
    human hair wigs

    ReplyDelete


  10. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete
  11. ان اردت نقل عفش منزلك بالدمام ابيات الشرقية من اهم شركات نقل العفش بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والقطيف والاحساء
    شركة المتحدة
    شركة نقل عفش بنجران
    شركة نقل عفش بخميس مشيط
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بابها

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...