Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Dip Dying my Hair Pink with Bleach Rose

I've been flirting with the idea for a while of doing a beauty feature on this blog, despite knowing really nothing at all about beauty products except for how to order them on a worryingly regular basis. However, the temptation to start a feature called 'Bel's Beauty Bits' is strong.

I'd actually ordered a whole load of products from the 'Bleach London' line a while back. For those of you who aren't in the loop or down with the kids, Bleach London is an achingly cool salon in Dalston (where all the hip hop happening kids live) who became well known for their lust worthy unnatural hair colourings, which unsurprisingly grabbed my attention. When they released a selection of hair dyes and other products in Boots, I was the first one scratching frantically at the doors, demanding an array of impractical hair colours in super trendy packaging. It's only now that I finally got round to properly 'sorting out' (bleaching the living daylights out of) my hair and finally getting in on the dip dye trend (which I realise is now 'soooo 2012' but hell who cares) and I thought I would share a little review and the results with you!
 photo 47eb248c-908b-46a8-8e3f-856832e26d47_zps73c46d06.jpg
Now as far as semi permanent guides go, I can't pretend that I notice an inordinate amount of difference between them, so in many ways it can come down to the design, and even the naming of the dye. I love the way Bleach named their dyes (awkward peach being a personal favourite) and I thought that the bottle for Bleach Rose looked so gorgeous that it's actually been sitting pride of place on my dressing table for a while. The dye itself was easy to apply, and seeing as I was only doing the ends of my hair, I just applied it with my hands, which surprisingly worked brilliantly and I didn't miss any bits (I usually miss out a whole chunk of my hair without realising when I'm doing it alone).
 photo 3641c9fa-9ca0-4cd6-9d56-c12f595281b1_zps30bbeb63.jpg
The before and after! Peculiarly enough I appear to have developed a tan overnight as well, although it might just be the bronzer I use. 

Part of me hopes that putting the pink tones in my hair might help dull the green tones in my bleached hair (residue from a particularly stubborn blue), but for now I absolutely adore the pink and am pleasantly surprised/shocked by how well the dying process went.

You can buy Bleach London dyes in LOADS OF COLOURS at large Boots stores and online. A similar review of their hair styling products is to come.
Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

11 comments :

  1. The pink looks great on you! I tried to go purple recently but because I had (stupidly) dyed my hair with henna perviously, it wouldn't stay.

    poundingyounghearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 'Bel's beauty bits' should definitely become a thing, I think that is a great idea!
    I've recently bought Body Shop's hair chalks which I'm humming and hah-ing about trying haha
    You really suit the pink though, looks amazing!

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did so amazing to get from blue to light! Looks great ,feel like dying my hair brown with all the new bright dyes that are easy to get hold of though! So sad, just like when I was a tween and stopped listening to a band that got too popular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww wow this looks amazing! I'd love my hair to be like this but the black won't budge xxx

    http://thevelvetwonder.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love Love your style! Amazing.

    Amy x
    www.amy-alexandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. For styling purposes, you can opt for flat irons, http://www.vohair.com curling irons and rollers etc., which are particularly meant for managing a thick and unruly crop of hair.chinese hair The same holds true for other hair care products such as shampoo, conditioner, mousse, serum, gel and spray.Before you start shopping,silk lace wig do basic research about these products and take your pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. if you lie synthetic lace wigs can see this site http://www.everydaywigs.com/

    ReplyDelete

  8. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete
  9. ان اردت نقل عفش منزلك بالدمام ابيات الشرقية من اهم شركات نقل العفش بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والقطيف والاحساء
    شركة المتحدة
    شركة نقل عفش بنجران
    شركة نقل عفش بخميس مشيط
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بابها

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...