Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Suckers

Back in January I did a post alongside the alternative clothing company Offend My Eyes,and I'm happy to say that I'm back to show you two pieces from their current collection!

As a relatively new company, the general theme of their clothing is causing offence, meaning that you can find t-shirts adorned with body parts as well as slogans like 'no more fucking Abba' across them, not a sentiment I entirely agree with, but the general tongue in cheek, irreverent theme of their clothes is really distinctive compared to what you see on the high street. I really love this jumper and shorts pairing, as there is so much incredible detail in the illustrations. They've managed to make the whole outfit have a concept, yes, a concept (there isn't anything I like more than concept based outfits) of a rather gory ice cream van serving eyeballs in cones and feisty ice lollies that tell you to 'get licked!' Sure, Summer might be over, but I kind of see this outfit as a sort of 'fuck you' to summer, which I find pretty funny. The 'what you looking at suckers' main centrepiece is also a great way to get people to avoid you on the street, which if you like your own personal space as much as I do, has its benefits.

You can check out Offend My Eyes here, they're a lovely, talented bunch who always seem to be touring the country and showing off their designs.
 photo 00d656ae-b6df-4ca9-b1f3-14f0455cfde1_zpse74ad705.jpg
Jumper - C/O Offend my Eyes
Shorts - C/O Offend My Eyes
Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell
Bag - River Island via Asos
 photo 32d96134-3495-4b4f-bda5-1fcf6ddfcec3_zps04d114b7.jpg

 photo 26731991-e21d-470c-b0d8-ae091d9e6d1f_zps64b606cd.jpg
Usually I wouldn't apologise for content in my blog posts, but I realise the set up here isn't entirely ideal. I've moved to a new house in London and am trying to find a good set up, so for now just use your imagination and see that brush and bucket chilling in the background of the picture as 'urban props'.
Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

10 comments :

  1. The mop and bucket adds a note of gritty and dramatic "soft grunge" and I am wholeheartedly in favour of it! You look fab as usual!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, it's so tongue-in-cheek and the colours are great :) I also adore the leopard print bag!

    Louise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is so awesome! :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legs for daaaays, you look amazing! Love this little set, I'll have to check this brand out :D xx

    Adventures of an Anglophile

    ReplyDelete
  5. the angry ice cream print is pretty awesome! love the bag and the shoes too!

    http://floatingthrufields.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! you're style is freaking amazing!!!! it was super nice to meet you at London Edge :))

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete


  7. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...