Thursday, 30 October 2014

Fur Coats and Fellow Bloggers

It's a rare joy when I am able to rope someone in to take some proper, scenic London outfit photos for Rags. This Sunday, I was able to have such a joy when I met up with Laila, who after having known each other for ages on the blogosphere has become a firm friend irl. As well as this, I was finally able to meet Jess, who writes the blog Jessthetics (as well as running her own beautiful online shop, including her own crafted clothes as well as selected thrifted pieces, which you all need to go and check out). Alongside wiling away hours chatting about everything from university to camera recommendations in coffee shops (which included basically scheduling Laila's entire blog content calendar for the next few months, so Laila, I'm waiting with bated breath for those inspirational posts), we also scouted out for what Jess referred to as 'blogger streets', which if you don't know, is a street with such blogger favourites as large white houses, pillars, and lamp posts. We found this one in South Kensington, and took outfit photos for each other (apart from Laila who mostly refused because she thought she was dressed like she was waiting tables). Thanks so much to the gorgeous Jess for taking these snaps of me!
 photo 27thoct2_zps8db6d7bd.jpg
Coat - Topshop (from last season)
Shirt - Charity Shop
Skirt - Boohoo
Shoes - H&M

You know what's funny? I really used to hate lime green. Then this coat made its way into my life. If you look closely you can see that it's fluffy, so fluffy that Jess and I struggled to take any detail shots of it as Laila was too busy stroking it. I like it because the colour and texture appears as mildly eccentric against the rather sophisticated, manly cut of the coat. I paired it with a paisley shirt in a sort of mustardy yellow colour, which alongside the coat was an odd combination that made me look like an bizarrely dressed rich lady of high society. I imagine it's something Virginia Woolf might have worn, which made this Penguin classics bag the perfect accompaniment to the outfit. I picked it up in Waterstones and it has barely been off my arm since. I've even read a Room of One's Own, which is obviously an advantage in case people question me about it. I actually did an entire module on V. Woolf at university so she is certainly one of my sad literary lady home girls.
 photo 27thoct1_zps05b7c719.jpg

 photo 27thoct3_zps8775bbde.jpg

 photo 6892f636-40e2-4f91-b39f-494c343abb3a_zpsa999d1f7.jpg

 photo bb9badaf-a45b-4499-a14d-c262ae3c1e4e_zpscb589bec.jpg
Bag - Waterstones
 photo 13d8413e-7eab-42af-8436-a98346f725ed_zps31a9a8d9.jpg
The bloggers together! 
 photo 27thoct8_zps49219f5d.jpg
I really wish I'd taken some other photos of Jess's outfit, she looked absolutely amazing (as did Laila of course, but you know, I've seen her before, so I'm used to it). Her long coat was from a vintage shop and she certainly cut a striking figure whilst we were walking around! I really couldn't recommend her blog enough as she's so creative with her styling.
 photo oct27th9_zps932b4563.jpg
Laila looking super cute! 

Laila refers to herself as a crap blogger, but honestly? She isn't. She's done so many interesting cultural posts, but I'd say my favourites from her are her lifestyle ones, where she talks about her veganism as well as topics such as being happy and confidence, something she has tons of. Every time I hang out with Laila I come away from it feeling happy and positive, she's a truly infectious person to be around (and I don't mean in terms of illness).

It was so great to be able to meet up with people I had previously only known from the interwebs. Laila and I agreed on the tube home that it's probably the main plus point of blogging. It's really expanded my horizons and allowed me to meet lovely, inspiring ladies such as these two, so I'm very thankful for it. Did I do enough gushing for you in this post? Cool, okay, goodbye now!
Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

18 comments :

  1. This a fluffy sweet coat haha :*

    xx
    Lorna
    http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a penguin tote as well:D love them. next time I´m around we gotta do a shoot together :) xxx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! It must've been really nice to meet some fellow bloggers. Your outfit is really pretty, by the way!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice coat, great pics :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all look lovely, really love your coat! Will also be using the 'blogger streets' term now as well aha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Green coat! I need to get a statement coat like that

    xx E∆
    LietoDie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all look beautiful, in love with your fluffy coat and your friend's long coat very very stylish! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving your style so much <3 start following :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute look, I especially love your thrifted top!

    http://cequisuit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how you combined this coat, you looks so trendy!!!
    You have a lovely blog and I will be happy if we follow each other
    Just let me know in my blog please, have a nice day doll!
    Alisa

    http://www.alisagromova.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the coat ^^

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is lovely i love your style too
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete


  13. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...