Friday, 21 November 2014

Space Witch

After a small hiatus which I can only put down to feeling totally uninspired and working on various other things, Belly is back, back again. And this time, she's got a somewhat unsuitable choice of clothing for the current weather climate (don't worry, the odd third person narrative isn't going to continue past this parenthesis). Part of why I haven't done an outfit post for a while is because I've been feeling a little disconnected from the way I look. I was pretty bored of it, to be honest. I'd put on the first thing I could find for work and would find myself looking in the mirror at my clothes and my hair and going...'meh'. It's a bit of a departure from my last post championing self love, but it wasn't so much self hate but self...indifference. I always find in those situations that getting a bit dressed up helps, oh, and also, a bit of impromptu hair dying, as you might have noticed!


Top and skirt - Boohoo (sold out)
Jacket - Unif via Depop
Bag - Choies
Shoes - Nike via Asos (sold out)

You know when you're not feeling so great about yourself? Wear your favourite things. This Unif I Dye Moto jacket and these (slightly scruffy) Nike trainers are currently my favourite things. Alongside it I've got my Boohoo neon top and skirt co ord. I made a Boohoo order recently predominantly of 'basics' such as pencil skirts and black dresses, but this one particularly stands out for obvious reasons, not to mention managing to make me look mega curvy (or maybe that's down to pizza and donuts)?

And we come back to the hair, which is the first time I've had to update you on it in months! I've certainly been liking my light blonde hair, but naturally I got a little bored after I'd had such a long stint of changing my hair colour almost weekly. This is a pretty subtle change, just a 15 minute coating with a small amount of Bleach's Awkward Peach hair dye. I really like how it's come out, and it helps to soften my facial features (having very white blonde hair can be quite harsh on your skin tone).

Also do you like my brooch? I bought it ages ago from a seller called Cakeeater on Etsy. She's not selling these at the moment but she sold a whole selection of cute brooches with words such as 'loser' and 'cute' on it. It's a perfect mixture of my favourite things, witchcraft and um, sparkly glittery stuff.

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

22 comments :

  1. I love the jacket! It's really cute :)
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your butt looks awesome in that skirt. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coatttt oh my goodness! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the little witch button and (for the 238498213 time) THE UNIF JACKET.

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours are so fun ...love them on you <3


    www.theeche.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wild outfit! Looks like you're having a really good time with those crazy colourful items! Like that!

    Katarina x
    http://katarina-ahlsson.se

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair is such a lovely colour! So in love with the trainers, it's sad that they're sold out x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd wear that jacket forever if I could, you look awesome! I'm in the same way sometimes, feeling indifferent about how you look is kinda meh. I'm glad your outfit helped :)

    onacruz blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. <33333 such lovely post
    love it
    http://www.karolinagespucci.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cool biker jacket!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look very lovely and colourful. You definitely brighten up the dull and miserable days we've been having X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
  12. That co-ord is super flattering, curvy in a good way :) you go girl. xx

    www.kirstytalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning! You really suit neons and your hair is amazing. I know what you mean about blonde hair - mine was peroxide a few weeks back and I had to have some darker tones put through. It was fine whilst I was wearing tan but otherwise the blonde completely washed me out xx

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow – love this look! You look absolutly stunning and your hair is amazing!
    Would wear the outfit, too and I want all the products in my closet!
    I’m following you via gfc & look forward for your next post. You’re great – keep going! ♥
    Adoorablee.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super duper cute! I really like the little witch badge. Also glitter, big yay xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...