Saturday, 27 December 2014

A New Year's Eve Look

Oh dear, some how I managed to miss the Christmas post boat. I was very proud of my offerings last year, namely my exploration of Oxford at Christmas, but this year a demanding schedule and an intense hatred of Christmas jumpers seemed to stop my efforts in their tracks. So this takes us to New Year's, and I thought I would share with you an outfit that I will very likely be wearing. Though, having said that, I'm of the rather pessimistic view that NYE is always a disappointment as there's too much pressure to have fun, but hey, if I can look stylish during it, I guess that's a saving grace right?  photo a92085be-2d53-4e02-84f7-cad9d32ddc5a_zps12a425e0.jpg
Dress - Daisystreet
Jacket - Topshop (sold out)
Bag - Asos (sold out but there are some similar ones)

I absolutely love this dress, partly because it has the word 'mermaid' in its name, always an instant sell for me. It's also made of a super comfortable, tight fitting fabric, and I've been wearing it regularly day to day. It is the perfect match for this New Look bag, which is so incredibly beautiful and has been hanging pride of place in my room, typically catching the light in the morning and throwing lots of rainbow light across my room.
 photo d96e788f-aff6-462b-922c-6485d097b350_zps74be6243.jpg
Thrown over the dress is my banana jacket, which I really don't wear enough when you take into account how bloody AWESOME it is. I think it really adds to the colours in this outfit, contrasting with the blue as well as making the red lipstick (Mac, Lady Danger,) more intense. Altogether it's a very glamorous, but actually really comfortable look, so no shuffling around uncomfortably in itchy sequins or overly tight disco pants.
 photo b23caef2-e90a-47fc-9eb6-3acf8a55de14_zpsbc7eeda5.jpg
Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

21 comments :

  1. That banana jacket is absolutely insane! I love it :)
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking so fab as always, this would be the perfect NYE outfit and it screams ' Belphoebe'! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, love the jacket :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look stunning!

    xx
    http://blogbylinni.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my GOD!!! How's fantastic do you look- that dress is perfect on you (jealous of your curves!!!).
    I'm in the same camp as you I always feel like New Years is a let down too. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your sweet words, they made my day!
    What an adorable outfit, I love the dress on you and the jacket is also very pretty!

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing outfit! You've got such a vibrant and cool style.

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it, great outfit

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look great, I could never pull off such an edgy look but you look absolutely wonderful

    Wishing you a lovely and happy new year (:

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look!!!

    I wish you a happy happy news year doll!!!

    http://justohana.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with that dress! Really suits you. Happy christmas and new year girl! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dress is so nice! Hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look so chic am pretty in this outfit. the jacket is so unique – love it

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog! Just followed you on GFC and Bloglovin, would you please follow me back? :)

    Michaella from http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your jacket!

    www.angerawrs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is definitely more daring than what I would wear, just because of the colour, pattern and texture combo. However, I LOVE it on you, it looks amazing! xx

    Blog With Laura - My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to lend you my polka dot and banana dress and then vice versa and we SERIOUSLY need to get our banana blog post outfit game on. #bananabloggers #thisshitisbananas #bananasovercrap XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW jacket!!!!!!! Great print ;)

    Happy New Year!!!! <3

    WWW.LIAKW.COM

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your outfit looks wonderful! Happy new Year! :)
    Love your blog, hope to see you soon on my blog
    www.beneaththecoat.com
    or Bloglovin
    or Facebook :)
    Kisses from Zurich,
    K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...