Friday, 2 January 2015

Move over, Alexa

My style gets pretty confused when I come home. The neon wardrobe got left behind in London, so I'm back in my wardrobe of old, that of peter pan collars and a colour palette that doesn't ever veer far from black and navy hues. I've even gone as far as to cosplay Alexa Chung, the most beautiful woman in the world and the person I desperately emulated for most of my teenage years, with a uniform of brogues, poorly applied eyeliner (I don't have a steady hand) and granny chic jumpers and dresses. Also, let's not forget my rather shoddy fake Alexa Mulberry! Things have changed a little since then, namely my pink hair, but I'm still giving it a bloody good shot here, because my love for Alexa will never die. These snaps were kindly taken by Emily (with some help from my glamorous personal assistant Bekky).  photo barbour4_zpsf4ed2aff.jpg
Dress - Secondhand
Coat - Secondhand
Tights - Primark
Bag - Ebay
Shoes - H&M

This Barbour was 10p. TEN ENGLISH PENCE. I can't take the credit for finding it, as my mum is the undisputed expert of finding a bargain and would wrestle your nan to the ground or raid anybody's bin in search of a thrifty treasure. I've always wanted one, but the cheapest I could ever find them sold for in London was about £50, so this is probably the find of the CENTURY.  It fits like a charm and is super cosy. Alongside it I'm wearing a dress that I'm pretty sure my sister wore years ago for a production of Peter Pan, and that still manages to look flattering on me despite overdoing it on the chocolate this year. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to shoot some pheasants and possibly some poor people.
 photo barbour2_zps60261a4c.jpg

 photo barbour3_zpsf19be028.jpg

 photo 3027a9b7-1404-4a49-8490-6e97b3516a3c_zpsd95cd698.jpg

 photo barbour1_zps8585794b.jpg
Obligatory thoughtful looking up at stuff picture
Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

20 comments :

  1. 'Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to shoot some pheasants and possibly some poor people.' Top quote of 2k15

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coat on you, bargain is an understatement! Happy new year! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore this, some great secondhand finds! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely magnification.
    Wanna follow each other on Instagram and bloglovin?
    Please follow me here⤵️
    http://twinladybug.blogspot.com

    Stylosis.com
    Bloglovin.com/
    instagram.com/
    Victoria Twins

    Love & hugs Twinsladybug
    Melbourne!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great outfit! I love your dress and coat (what a blooming bargain too!)

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog also and for the kind words :)

    Tabby x
    www.ofthesaints.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look! Thanks for dropping by on my blog. Happy New Year! *hugs and kisses*


    Qing's Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOD, how rad !!!!!!!!!! can´t believe you got a barbour coat for 10 p :O Want one too x3

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obsessed with your hair! I'm hoping to do something cool with mine some time before winter break ends, but time is a'tickin'! And woww, can your mom teach us her ways? My parents bought be three Barbour coats straight from the store before this school year started. It's my freshman year of college, so they needed to send their first college-bound kid off with anything she might need for any situation :P (including three Barbour coats in different weights for the different degrees of weather I guess haha) It was pricey, but Barbour is a pretty reliable brand, so I'm telling myself that it was a good investment! Can't beat a 10p Barbour coat though... Go you!! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is such a lovely look! seriously adore it, can't go wrong with a polkadot

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That coat is amazing, and I cannot believe you managed to snap it up for 10p!!!!!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Major loves for this look and absolute kudos to your mum for finding the coat so cheap!

    http://cequisuit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found you on YouTube :) loving your blog - wish I had found it sooner! x ChicStrawberry x

    ReplyDelete


  13. اهم شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام كذلك معرض اهم شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والخبر والاحساء والقطيف كذكل شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة وتنظيف بجدة ومكافحة الحشرات بالخبر وكشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل والقطيف والخبر والدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام

    ReplyDelete
  14. اهم شركات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهران
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بالخرج
    شركة نقل عفش بالقصيم

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...