Friday, 9 January 2015

Bardot

Just a quick outfit post for you today! And as the title suggests, there's a certain french actress slash chanteuse that has inspired this look. Brigitte Bardot is often named as one the ultimate style icons, due to her incredible beehive hair and generally just being hot stuff. I've always struggled with perfecting the perfect 'hive, due to my hair being so damaged anyway that backcombing it would just be the last straw, but I've channelled Bardot here with this mini beehive and some red lipstick.
 photo a5112a9f-1258-452f-a485-660bf273722c_zpsd1fc86c3.jpg
Dress - Daisy Street (sold out)
Coat - Whistles (found in charity shop)
Shoes - Asos (sold out)

This dress is also called a 'Bardot' due to the off the shoulder style. It's another piece from Daisy Street, a brand which I absolutely adore due to their super cheap but also extremely awesome pieces. Despite being a Summer dress, this dress is guaranteed to cheer me up at any time, I mean it's got pineapples on it for goodness sake. The cut is also really flattering (I've basically abandoned any dress or skirt that stops before my knees, the problems associated with tall girls wearing short skirts are seemingly infinite) and works really well for going out as well as day wear. I've paired it with my neon trainers here to dress it down, as well as my favourite coat, to give me that 'Bardot rolled through a UV paint factory' look.
 photo newbeehive2_zps063c391e.jpg

 photo cb2126a9-661d-47b9-b8c9-1b21137f0b85_zps9bf0f964.jpg


Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

14 comments :

  1. Love the trainers with the dress :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you paired the sneakers with the dress. Definitely a modern Bridgette Bardot look.

    xx E∆
    LietoDie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress! With PINEAPPLES. I love pineapples. Omg excuse me while I fangirl over pineapples :') You look lovely x

    SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE ALICE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pineapple dress is amazing! I love your quirky dress sense, it gives me confidence to wear something different.
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so been meaning to get on board with the pineapple trend and buy something with pineapples on it!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the perfect dress for you- you look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one amazing dress! You look beaut!

    Thank you for visiting my blog also.

    Tabby x
    www.ofthesaints.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress such a cute print!

    thriftylilpixie.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww love this coat and this dress ! really cool outfit :)
    http://wild-child.fr/en

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your dress, its gorgeous! And I love the colour on your lips :)

    Tosin x

    ReplyDelete


  11. اهم شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام كذلك معرض اهم شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والخبر والاحساء والقطيف كذكل شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة وتنظيف بجدة ومكافحة الحشرات بالخبر وكشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل والقطيف والخبر والدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام

    ReplyDelete
  12. اهم شركات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهران
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بالخرج
    شركة نقل عفش بالقصيم

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...