Sunday, 11 January 2015

Bright Florals

Taking outfit photos in what seemed to be approaching a hurricane? Yep, that's something I did this weekend. I met up with the lovely Sarah from The Laughing Medusa for the second time, and we had vegan breakfast (did I mention that I'm a 'absolutely not a vegan who likes to masquerade as a vegan')? I really love Sarah's blog, it's been top of my blog reading list for the last few months and she's so wise and thoughtful on topics of self care, love and confidence. She also has incredible tattoos which I couldn't help myself but quiz her on!  photo vintageconversetopshop5_zpsf06a5872.jpg

 photo vintageconversetopshop1_zps31a95f8f.jpg
Coat - Topshop
Dress - Charity Shop
Bag - Choies
Shoes - Converse

So this was my outfit that Sarah kindly photographed. I found this dress in a charity shop whilst shopping with my mother the other day. I'm pretty sure that it had some sort of glowing aura around it (accompanied by rapturous choral music) so much so that I actually gasped when I saw it, as it's right up my street in so many ways. Eye wateringly bright florals? Check. Flattering length and fit? Check. What's more, it fits me like a glove. It's almost as if some sort of fashion blogging fate allowed me to find this dress.
 photo vintageconversetopshop2_zpsf1d46af1.jpg

 photo vintageconversetopshop_zpsbea5c489.jpg
Alongside the dress I'm wearing my new Converse that I got for Christmas, in a sunny orange colour. My last pair were a darker purple, so I feel that these new ones perfectly fit my transition to the more colourful side of fashion.
 photo vintageconversetopshop4_zpsd3d1e7f9.jpg
Sarah and I joked that the wind was sort of like having a wind machine on photographer's shoots, except in this case it just played havoc with my fringe and nearly meant that my coat fell into a puddle (these are the realities of fashion blogging that nobody ever tells you about, sigh).
 photo 85e1e474-14f8-4b67-b51e-298338f396d6_zps77807fca.jpg
Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

23 comments :

  1. Gorgeous as always, loving the bright orange converse with that dress! Totally feel you on the wind woes, such a big UK blogger problem hah. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an amazing smile! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the whole I'm not a vegan but I love vegan foods! Looking lovely.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really do rock those bright colors! :)

    Linh | SimplyLinh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you're so brave. I would have stayed at home if there was a chance for a hurricane. Thanks goodness nothing happened. You look totally marvelous. Love the cute dress and the coat is to die for. I love Sarah's blog too.

    xx glamdevils.com / miradevils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely and colourful! I agree you can find some wonderful things in charity shops!

    disorderedstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and happy look! Amazing floral print! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting and useful post!
    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/01/blog-post_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing charity shop find! And tell me about the wind, it's been awful! Taking outfit photos when it is sooo windy is such a mission!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog! Your header is stunning, so unique! This coat is so amazing as well, the fact you can pull off such a bright colour is highly commendable!!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. that dress is too cute! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute dress! Your blog is so pretty and colorful :)

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just found your blog and I think it's really inspiring, it will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! :) <3

    Fashion gets Fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This dress is gorgeous! Love the print & the fit is so lovely too! & Converses are just the best, they seriously go with everything! x

    Summer,
    http://the-twins-wardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the fashions Gods smiled down on you that day when they brought you together. I mean the dress of course, I feel like it was made just for you.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha the realities of fashion blogging :( :D Love your dress, it´s so bright and the cut is pretty cool too!! xxx
    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the dress! So fab! <3

    www.louisefashionmuseum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your coat! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete


  19. اهم شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام كذلك معرض اهم شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والخبر والاحساء والقطيف كذكل شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة وتنظيف بجدة ومكافحة الحشرات بالخبر وكشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل والقطيف والخبر والدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام

    ReplyDelete
  20. اهم شركات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهران
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بالخرج
    شركة نقل عفش بالقصيم

    ReplyDelete

  21. اهم شركات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهران
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بالخرج
    شركة نقل عفش بالقصيم

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...