Monday, 26 January 2015

Cambridge

As I might have mentioned once or twice, I'm an Oxford native. My dad went to Oxford, and his father before him, and his father before him (wait, no, the last two are a lie, just my dad). Because of this, I've always treated Cambridge with plentiful disdain and suspicious side eyeing (imagine a Shelbyville/Springfield type dichotomy, Simpsons fans). However, since my sister's boyfriend became a researcher at Cambridge (we've just about managed to forgive him) it was the perfect opportunity to size up the competition and visit what is deemed by many to be a beautiful city - well, it's okay, I guess. I was only there for a day and a half but we visited most the important locations, namely the rivery bit and the Fitzwilliam museum, where there was a brilliant exhibition on the artistic depiction of mannequins through the ages. Okay Cambridge, you can have that one. photo marc jacobs cambridge 1_zpslg88cf9l.jpg
Top - Marc by Marc Jacobs via Net-A-Porter (sold out)
Cardigan - Primark
Jeans - American Apparel
Bag - Waterstones
Shoes - Clarks

What really seems to stick out about both Oxford and Cambridge is the very distinctive sense of style that both cities seem to have. There's a certain style that I always associate with Oxbridge, namely tweed, glasses, chinos, gillets and brogues. Since moving to London my style has become distinctly non Oxbridge, and I feel like this outfit it sort of a mixture of those things.

This t-shirt is from Marc Jacobs, and is a product of the new meeting of minds between Katie Hillier and a certain Luella Bartley. If you're a long running Rags reader, you'll know that a part of my heart died when Luella's own label went into administration, so to see her creating some amazing pieces for Marc Jacobs is a form of comfort I suppose. This particular shirt has everything, a riot girl message, multicolours, a samurai - I'm not entirely sure what is going on with this shirt but that's what I like about it.
 photo marc jacobs cambridge 2_zpsikgwmawl.jpg

 photo marc jacobs cambridge 8_zpsa2di4n1b.jpg
Alongside the t-shirt is my new orange cardigan from Primark, an absolute steal at £7 in the sale. Also, my American Apparel Easy Jeans, which I've had a difficult relationship with at times, after the material that covers my butt decided to separate. Luckily mum came to the rescue with her expert seamstress skills to patch up my derriere. Other than this glaring failing, they are probably the most flattering, and skinniest pair of trousers I have ever worn. You know when people talk about spray on jeans? Well, these are pretty damn close.
 photo marc jacobs cambridge 3_zpsobje0j4o.jpg

 photo ba100ed7-437d-4e43-a08d-0347772ac19b_zpsicmswmdb.jpg
Lastly, you'll notice that I've got my Room of One's Own bag. Virginia Woolf was strolling around Cambridge when she conceived the idea for this book, so it certainly seemed fitting!
 photo 4325ea57-bc2f-4938-a373-6ff81c59d4ef_zpsa88nq2fs.jpg
Thanks to my mum for taking these pictures!

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

9 comments :

  1. I visited both Oxford and Cambridge for the first time last year and I can unbiasedly say that I do prefer Oxford (they're both beautiful though). You look super cute as always, love how your casual outfits are still so bright, fun, and very distinctively 'Belphoebe' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never really visited either, but would like to make more of an effort to explore England! Love your tshirt definitely livens up a casual outfit :)

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha love that shirt. I love your orange cardigan

    xx E∆
    LietoDie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bag! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bag, and the bright colours are great for this time of year! Just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, I hope you don't mind! http://www.thewallflowerwardrobe.co.uk/2015/01/versatile-blogger-and-liebster-blogger.html
    Have a lovely day,
    Emma xo

    ReplyDelete


  6. اهم شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام كذلك معرض اهم شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والخبر والاحساء والقطيف كذكل شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة وتنظيف بجدة ومكافحة الحشرات بالخبر وكشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل والقطيف والخبر والدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام

    ReplyDelete

  7. اهم شركات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهران
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بالخرج
    شركة نقل عفش بالقصيم

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...