Friday, 6 March 2015

Cool Story Poe

NOTE: This post contains story spoilers and gothic themes. 

Many moons ago, I had designs on this blog being a literary fashion blog. In practice, this was a difficult thing to achieve. It's more tricky than you'd think to try and replicate stream of consciousness in a flowing maxi dress. However, my old A Level pal Edgar Allen Poe is strongly associated with the gothic, an era that inspires images of pale maidens who frankly needed to eat a few more oranges to get some blood flowing through their cheeks (that's what oranges do right? I'm a scientist). In short, it's an aesthetic that I have 12 years worth of skull print clothing and black nail polish enough to get on board with.  photo e72b98eb-54c4-44c3-b2be-b79dbf730d38_zpsjwgqrvrv.jpg
Bag - Out Of Print
Lipstick - Barry M
Nails - Avon (bought on Ebay)

I first found out about Out Of Print when I saw their t-shirts being stocked in Blackwells in Oxford. They're doing what this blog wanted to do originally, combining fashion and literature. You can find T-shirts with classic literary fiction covers on them, as well as accessories. They've also got an eye for a bloody good pun, which is where this 'Poe ka Dots' bag comes in. Have you ever heard anything more genius? I think Poe would be thrilled to see himself being celebrated in such a way, and let's face it, as a man who dealt with batshit crazy plot lines such as a murderous Orangutan and a character obsessed by the beating heart of the man he just killed, there's nobody who deserved to adorn my makeup bag more than him. So props to you Out Of Print, and I'll undoubtedly be coming back to your for more literary based fashion fodder.
 photo 72de8d52-22b7-462f-afc7-4749666868bb_zpsvzdzjyrc.jpg

 photo ee0da136-1f13-44b1-b0c9-0092611e76d7_zpsby03v8h5.jpg
Also, do you like my background? It's my wardrobe, and I'm posing next to Nicki Minaj for extra gothic effect.

Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere!
Instagram

10 comments :

  1. That bag is AMAZING!!!!

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obsessed with your makeup in these shots! I need to dig my black lipstick out!

    Happy Friday, crazy cat!

    Daisy x / www.daisybloomingjane.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha gothic is my fav! Writing my bachelor thesis on goth literature (and my last ever seminar paper.)

    xx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your blog, your style is so original and you're stunning! Definitely following! <3
    http://rustorstardust.blogspot.pt/ **

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice black make up
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bag, and your hair is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete

  8. شركة نقل عفش واثاث بالدمام ابيات الشرقيه لخدمات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    نقل عفش بالخبر
    شركة نقل اثاث الدمام
    نقل عفش الدمام
    نقل عفش بالدمام

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...