Sunday, 24 May 2015

Oxford, Antonoff and Other Stories

I'm feeling a little classier and more sophisticated today, not a dinosaur, hallucinatory or tie dye print in sight, like I've just wandered off of the set of a BBC Stephen Poliakoff drama, or at a push, Downton Abbey. Have I finally started dressing for my age, the ripe old age of 22? This isn't to say that I've veered away from loud prints entirely, but this geometric print dress with pastel and beige tones is perhaps a more understated version of my usual clashing patterns.
 photo rachel antonoff oxford 8_zpstlga5pzr.jpg

Dress - Rachel Antonoff for & Other Stories
Shoes - Converse
Bag - Waterstones

 photo rachel antonoff oxford 9_zpszhe0rwvj.jpg
Rachel Antonoff, the creator of this dress, is one of my favourite designers. I'm by no means an expert on labels, but Antonoff stands out to me due to the intricate, modern and eccentric details on her clothes. I'm a big fan of designers that have distinctive but consistent concepts, and Antonoff's look always seems to switch between all American public schoolgirl and a 1970's prom attendee (but definitely not the prom queen, these clothes are for the sort of girl who sat at the back of class chewing her pen rather too aggressively and scowling at everyone else). Her latest ready-to-wear collection includes intricately patterned pieces that first appear to be covered in floral print, but when looked at up close they are actually illustrations of reproductive organs, a concept I have an endless amount of time for.

You can imagine my excitement when I found out that Rachel was designing a collection for Scandinavian brand & Other Stories, meaning that I could finally have some Antonoff in my wardrobe. This dress was the stand out piece for me, but this particular pattern is also available in a halter neck floaty dress and a skirt. It's made of a silky material and it's good to swish around the place in, as well as being the sort of outfit you could wear for going to see your nan or for a job interview. The only downside is that the buttons go right down to the bottom, which I suppose means that it can be worn as a tunic, but for me it just means that the buttons pop open every time I kneel down to pick something up (and if you're as clumsy as I am, you need space to stretch those legs for dramatically tripping over things and getting yourself out of sticky situations).
 photo Rachel Antonoff Oxford 2_zpszrcivvtz.jpg

 photo rachel antonoff oxford 7_zpskqdsdsfg.jpg

 photo 4152e2ac-49aa-4361-ac2f-f8f6c91020f8_zpsik983fcv.jpg
Thanks to my mum for helping me take these pictures!
Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

9 comments :

  1. What didn't this collection just drop? I love the campaign video for this collection, I'll be honest that I wasn't that into the majority of the pieces apart from the cotton dress which I really really want, but actually seeing this dress on you and how you've styled it I really like it. I think the colours are very you! Edgy gemeotric pastels. Lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dress is lovely! the colours and the pattern are all just really pretty:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely, love the dress x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is really pretty :) love it! xxx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete

  5. شركة نقل عفش واثاث بالدمام ابيات الشرقيه لخدمات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    نقل عفش بالخبر
    شركة نقل اثاث الدمام
    نقل عفش الدمام
    نقل عفش بالدمام

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...