Sunday, 10 May 2015

Tie Dye + Dinosaurs in Berlin

It really makes me sad that I haven't been able to put my all into Rags recently, but full time work commitments have taken over and I've not been able to document any of my dazzling outfit choices, not that there have been many, as I slip on a pair of jeggings and a t-shirt and stumble bleary eyed into work. Yesterday I got back from a trip to Berlin, four days that whizzed past in a haze of museums, galleries, taxi rides, burgers, the repeated uttering of both 'Danke' and 'Entschuldingung,' Ampelmanns and Ritter Sport chocolate (the last two are very intrinsic to Berlin's culture it seems, look it up!) It also gave me the opportunity to work on my colourful outfit game, as demonstrated here outside the Hamburger Bahnhof Modern Art Museum:  photo berlin outfit 6_zpsssfioecw.jpg
Jacket - Unif via Depop
Top - Daisystreet
Skirt - Illustrated People
Shoes - Clarks
Bag - Waterstones
Sunglasses - Primark

Berlin isn't exactly a colourful city, so in a way my outfit choices starkly contrasted with the predominantly grey buildings. This look is quite 'Sophia Loren drinking cocktails in Saint Tropez but if she also really liked dinosaurs and tie dye' which she may well have done. I bought out my Dinosaur print skirt again and paired it up with my Unif jacket, which is becoming my staple uniform and I would happily sew it into my skin if I could. I bought this white wrap top from Daisy StreetTaylor Swift wears a very similar one in the video for Style, and being the converted Taylor Swift fan that I am, I sought my own version out. I did not think that would be a sentence that I would ever write, but it is the truth, god damn it.
 photo berlin outfit 3_zpsphfkewp6.jpg

 photo Berlin outfit 4_zps34di6gqk.jpg


 photo berlin outfit new_zpshjaz1mma.jpg

 photo edf30599-c1d2-4e44-8bbb-21e63a228962_zpsgedsxblr.jpg
Thanks to the super talented Claire Joines for taking these, despite not knowing me all that well and probably wondering why this person kept asking her to take photos of her midriff and chest area for *detail* shots. Check out her illustration and graphic design work here.
Thanks for reading! Belphoebe x Find me elsewhere! Instagram

8 comments :

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...