Sunday, 13 September 2015

Beverly Hills

Note: I wrote this post whilst I was in America, I've actually been back in London for a while, but it got lost in the Rags of Love archives, only to be extracted by me 3 months later!

Everybody sing 'Beverly Hillsss, that's where I wanna beee'. If you don't know already (I've not exactly been keeping quiet about it on Instagram) I am currently in America with my pal Emily visiting Lucy, our friend from school who has moved over to the USA. We're currently in LA, and though I think we all feel a little overwhelmed by how busy and sprawling it is (it seems a million miles away from Britain, both literally and figuratively), we're enjoying swanning around drinking S'mores frappucinos from Starbucks and soaking up the LA atmosphere, which I can only really describe as a distinctive mix of sweat, sirens, palm trees and glamour. Even the bins are distinctively more glamorous here. I don't know whether I'll be moving to Los Angeles any time soon, as I can't see myself becoming one of the achingly beautiful, tanned and healthy looking people going on jogs around the boulevards, but I'm still enjoying the experience immensely. It's also giving me an excuse to wear lighter clothes and finally get out of the orange coat that I've been clinging on to since about September last year.
 photo Beverly outfit 1_zpsokaawd9l.jpg

Glasses - Primark
Dress - Charity Shop
Shirt - Style Moi
Sandals - Topshop

Beverly Hills is one of the most luxurious areas of Los Angeles. Huge main roads intertwine with expensive shopping districts, as well as beautiful tree lined residential streets such as this one. You can also see the Hollywood hills behind me, which makes me feel like I should be some glossy haired socialite on a reality show or something - nothing could really be further from the truth.
I'm really conforming to the wealthy and preened Los Angeles style here, this dress was £3 from a charity shop! It's quite a cheerful number and it makes me think of the stripy rock that you get at the good ol' British seaside. I've paired it with my Unif replica top, which I appreciate makes for a bit of a weird effect. I've really gotten into pattern clashing recently as I've had to resort to it when most of my clothes are in the wash and what's left is a weird mixture of neons and clashing patterns. I think it works in this case, maybe?
The holographic sandals are the only sandals I own because I rarely spend any time out of my converse and brogues whilst wondering around rainy London. I've had them for over a year and due to infrequent use they're still going strong! In my hand I am holding a Blood Orange lemonade from the imaginatively titled cafe Lemonade, which does so many types of uh, well, you get the idea.
 photo beverly outfit 2_zpszrbetnbr.jpg

 photo 5fb668da-97d4-48f2-91f8-d2d9d2d71a7d_zpsogrsxxop.jpg

 photo 0f6ef4a0-97ee-4289-9622-da8778ae4cf0_zpsmoi7d49o.jpg

Twitter/Instagram/Bloglovin

5 comments :

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...