Friday, 25 September 2015

How to get iridescent hair

I'd probably describe my hair as kind of a disaster most of the time. It took me a long time to get it to the white blonde that it is now, a terrible tale of hardship and split ends that I've told here. My goal was to be able to have a base where I could add pastel colours, which tend to be less fuss than harsh primary colours such as red and blue.
iridescent hair
As I'm sure you know, I'm something of a fan of holographic and iridescent objects, sort of like a hipster magpie (do NOT leave any luminous, colour changing artefacts around me). Though I've always been told that a successful hair dye session results in your hair being all the same colour, I've actually found that I quite like the slightly messy, varying colours look.

Iridescent hair 2
iridescent hair 3
I've found that if I combine both of my colour shampoos, it gives my hair an interesting effect, one that makes the colour slightly change at different angles. You can see here that I have white, silver, pink and purple in my hair (as well as some yucky dirty blonde as a result of my own terrible bleaching jobs).

For this I use the Fudge Violet toning shampoo, which is hands down the best purple shampoo I've ever used. It's a lot more intense than some of the other purple toning products, which works for me as I often have very stubborn yellow tones in my hair. What's even better is that you can buy huge bottles of the stuff, I get mine off of Amazon (link above).
iridescent hair 4
My other miracle product is Bleach Rose Pink shampoo, which as far as I know is the only pink shampoo on the market. This stuff is like gold dust to me (well, pink dust), it gives my hair a pastel tone which washes out super easily, so it's commitment free. I also use the conditioner (although I haven't had quite as much luck with this) on my ends.

Because my hair is already quite a few different tones of blonde, achieving iridescent hair was pretty easy for me. If you want to give the look a go you'll need white blonde hair, using a purple toner. When I'm washing my hair I combine the pink and purple shampoo together and leave on for about 5 minutes - it always works beautifully!
iridescent hair 5

Good luck with achieving holographic locks!

Twitter/Instagram/Bloglovin

8 comments :

  1. I love your blog!
    Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, this colour looks pretty cute on you :)

    www.harshitakapur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. name closure) The most popular breathable closures are constructed from silk mesh http://www.vohair.com with a poly strip or thin skin around the outer perimeter of the mesh which strengthens the mesh (for a sewn-in application) or to make bonding the closure easier. These closures allow for freestyle parting along the cap area.silk top wigs human hair The addition of a flesh colored stocking under will help to add the look of a natural scalp to this style of closures. This type of closure may require the sealing of the knots (as in a lace frontal) malaysian full lace wigs to help keep the hair secured firmly in the base. Some vendors also construct closures from lace similar to or slightly heavier than a lace

    ReplyDelete

  4. شركة نقل عفش بالدمام الشرق الاوسط متحصصه فى نقل عفش واثاث بالدمام ونقل العفش بالخبر كما انها توفر شركة نقل عفش بالجبيل والخبر وشركة نقل عفش بالقطيف والاحساء وجميع خدمات نقل العفش والاثاث بالمنطقة الشرقية بارخص اسعار نقل عفش بالدمام وتقدم ايضا شركة تخزين عفش بالدمام والخبر
    نقل عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
    شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر
    شركة نقل اثاث بالجبيل
    شركة نقل عفش بالخبر
    شركة نقل عفش بالقطيف
    شركة نقل اثاث بالاحساء

    ReplyDelete

  5. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...