Sunday, 31 January 2016

Colour Me In

I always find that the most productive thing you can do whilst visiting museums is rope your friend into taking outfit photos of you. You might have had a bit of a hunch of this already, but I'm actually an East London gal, so visiting the museums at South Kensington on the other side of town is quite the day out for me. My lovely best pal Luke bought me a V&A membership for my birthday, which is just so exciting for me as I've never had a museum membership before! It means I can just swan in to any darn exhibition I like, maybe they'll even let me have some of the artefacts (they haven't confirmed this yet but I'm sure this is the case). We took this VIP opportunity to visit the exhibit Shoes: Pleasure and Pain currently showing in the fashion section. I'm more a bag lady myself (both metaphorically and literally) but being able to see all of these amazing shoes and understanding how they are perceived as works of art and status symbols was so fascinating. 8/10 would recommend! topshop v and a 5
And this is the outfit I wore! This is the debut of this shirt on the blog, I've had it for a few months now and it's become a firm favourite of mine. I bought it from Depop on a whim because I love the pattern, it reminds me of Hawaiian shirts which typically get a really bad rep, probably due to being associated with 'dads at a barbecue' chic. However, I think we should truly celebrate a man who isn't afraid to wear a loud print! I really want to build up a little collection of Hawaiian shirts for next Summer, and this is a pretty good start!
Topshop v and a 2

topshop v and a 3
Coat - Topshop
Shirt - Vintage via Depop
Scarf - Vintage
Skirt - Topshop via Ebay
Shoes - Primark
Topshop v and a 4
This skirt is one of my favourites, it's sort of old Hollywood glamour and wannabe mermaid wrapped up into one silver garment. I love dressing it down as day-to-day wear with trainers, because it has such a flattering silhouette and it is super comfortable. I tend to like quite stretchy yet bodycon clothing (I really don't like denim or constrictive dresses) so it is perfect for me. I've paired it with these yellow brogues, a Primark purchase from many moons ago. I'm really into the concept of combining smart wear with neon colours, and I guess these are a smart version of my treasured Adidas Supercolors. You know, the sort of thing I can wear to job interviews to convey that I'm dynamic, wacky and I think outside the box.
topshop v and a 6
You might have also noticed that my hair is yet another colour! I like to channel Ramona Flowers and conduct hair experiments on my long-suffering locks, and this particular job was the result of a mixture of Directions Apricot and Pastel Pink. I think it's a little too reddy-orange at the top (I look a bit like Leeloo in The Fifth Element in certain lighting), but I really adore the peachy colour at the ends. I'm really tempted to dye my hair with a sort of rainbow effect now but I imagine that would take a lot more time and effort! Still, it would definitely go with this shirt.
topshop v and a 7

Thanks for reading, and check out Luke, my willing and patient photographer!

Twitter/Instagram/Bloglovin

19 comments :

  1. I really love this outfit, all the colours are so cheerful and eyecatching! The skirt is beautiful and very mermaid-y. Your lipstick matches your coat so well too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outfit is amazing! The shirts colors goes great with your new colored locks. I love lelo from the fifth element hehe. That skirt sounds like a comfy fit. First look I thought of a mermaid too. The red coat you rock flawlessly! Hawaiian shirts on men don't work, women is another story. So Hakuna matata!

    - Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS SKIRT!!!!! It's so stunning. Have I seen it in real life? I LOVE IT SO MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  4. This skirt is incredible !
    xxx

    http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool outfit. I love your metallic skirt :) X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl I really wish I had your style! You look amazing xx

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style so much, so unique. Your coat is gorgoeus, love the colour. It's awesome you've got a V&A membership now!

    Just gave you a follow on Bloglovin :)

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous skirt! Love the new colour, reminds me of eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So quirky and cute. Love it!

    Josie x

    www.aprettypostit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. your style is so cool, love all of the color!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really adore how fun and colourful your style is, definitely inspires me to be a bit more adventurous! Also was so nice meeting you and all the other bloggers today x

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the hair! Especially the reddy-orange colours. Your outfit is on point, of course. The skirt is perfect, and I love that you've matched your scarf to your shoes. So coordinated! I agree, loud shirts are totally underrated. I've been pushing James towards the hawaiin shirt for years but I think he's not ready yet...

    Jessthetics

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to take a cue from you and become better at roping my friends into taking my pictures! I love how colorful this outfit is! That coat is fabulous and that skirt is just amazing!

    -Helen
    Sweet Helen Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Might be one of the best shirts I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing outfit, really on point my dear! Always fab! Have a nice day xxx

    BamBam Blog

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

  16. ان اردت نقل عفش منزلك بالدمام ابيات الشرقية من اهم شركات نقل العفش بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والقطيف والاحساء
    شركة المتحدة
    شركة نقل عفش بنجران
    شركة نقل عفش بخميس مشيط
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بابها

    ReplyDelete


  17. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...