Monday, 15 February 2016

Bananas in Space

So, I guess this outfit isn't exactly appropriate for the current weather. However, my reasons for this are that we should all be looking forward kids, to our Spring/Summer aesthetics, as we've only got about a month now! Anyway, I just got this amazing crop top the other day and had the fashionista brainwave of combining space and bananas! This is the sort of ingenuity I like to bring to the world. As you may know, I do enjoy a clashing print from time to time, and this is thematically about as clashing as it gets. Combined with the hat I feel like I should be wandering around LA or Coachella and hanging out with Mischa Barton or something, instead of wandering around Hackney freezing my midriff off. topshop whitepepper blog 6
Hat - Asos
Top - The Whitepepper
Trousers - American Apparel
Shoes - H&M
Bag - Cambridge Satchel (it seems to be sold out in yellow!)

Photo 15-02-2016, 13 23 27

This Asos hat is serving Harry Styles meets Puritan chic. I don't feel like I get nearly enough opportunities to dress like my favourite member of 1D and it's one of the great regrets of my life. I haven't worn this hat nearly enough for fear of losing it, I have a big head and most of my hats can only perch on my skull, this one is no exception. It makes me feel, dare I say, cool though. Alongside this is some crazy clashing print action from my top half! I am a long-time fan of the Whitepepper and this space crop top from their Spring/Summer collection was too adorable not to buy, particularly as it was in the sale! To protect myself from the brutal cold and cover my midriff I have paired it with my banana print jacket from Topshop, which is probably the oddest item of clothing that I own. I believe that outfits should tell stories and this one is a fruity boyband adventure - set in space.

I'm also wearing my American Apparel Easy Jeans which win all the awards for being the tightest pair of trousers in the world, almost uncomfortably so. They're the sort of trousers that would have probably even given The Horrors a run for their money! You'll be more likely to find me in my jeggings these days but I do love the effect of these, it's a shame they have slightly torn at the back due to my ample behind (mum had to put a patch in, they're never going to quite be the same.)
topshop whitepepper BLOG 4
I really love the colour combinations in this outfit, as demonstrated below! My Lady Danger Mac lipstick is the most vibrant and true pillarbox red I've ever found, and paired with the yellow and navy tones it goes off!
topshop whitepepper 8
Thanks for reading, if you enjoyed this catch up with me via the links below!

Twitter

Instagram

Bloglovin

11 comments :

  1. Love the description - "Harry Styles meets Puritan chic"!!

    Salt Flesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do clash patterns like no one else I know - I love this outfit! That Topshop jacket is just so cute :) I have a trick for keeping your hat on, I'll show you soon! Is spring realy only a month away? It feels like it will never arrive

    Jessthetics xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your top, I have a dress in the same print from TWP. :) Your pink hair and red lips are perfection! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. seeing your outfits makes me feel like i dress incredibly boring, haha! the banana print jacket is so sweet :) also have to agree with your comment about Lady Danger - it's one of my fave lipsticks! x

    Becky | BCKY.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the two patterns together! Really cool blog also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit, you have combined it amazingly! Love the colours!

    BamBam BLOG
    xxx

    ReplyDelete


  7. ان اردت نقل عفش منزلك بالدمام ابيات الشرقية من اهم شركات نقل العفش بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والقطيف والاحساء
    شركة المتحدة
    شركة نقل عفش بنجران
    شركة نقل عفش بخميس مشيط
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بابها

    ReplyDelete


  8. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...