Saturday, 5 March 2016

The Iron Throne

There is an uncharacteristically dark colour palette in this post (apart from the yellow of course) and there are two reasons for this. The first is because these photos were taken in Edinburgh, a city that I absolutely adore but that admittedly, doesn't tend to fit in too well with my colourful aesthetic. That didn't stop me from telling everyone who would listen how I was desperate to move up there though. I was visiting my friend Jess who has her own amazing blog and shop Jessthetics, and can I just take a moment to talk about how Jess is easily the most stylish person I know, her outfit photos are always a dream and she picks out/makes beautiful sustainable pieces for her shop including crochet shorts(?!?!) and co ords, you have to go check her out! We had a really lovely weekend together exploring old and new places, including the whole countryside area around Arthur's Seat and Holyrood (it is as if there is wilderness within a city, which felt pretty insane for me having lived in London for 4 years), a lot of pubs, and, of course, Armstrongs Vintage Shop.
game edinburgh 2
Dress - Black Milk
Shoes - Primark
Cardigan - H&M

The second reason, is this dress! I basically left the iridescent at home in Hackney as I felt this dress would be perfect for the trip. I've always thought Edinburgh has this slightly Game of Thrones style vibe about it, perhaps because I'm a filthy tourist casual, but also because it's super North, very dark, and has a surprising amount of Americans. All in all, it was time to get my Daenerys on and take this dress out for its first Rags of Love ride. If you're not familiar with the show this dress depicts the Iron Throne, an extremely iconic piece of furniture fought over by all the warring families on there. They're also looking for power but I think it's mainly this chic chair that they're after. The dress is from the Australian brand Black Milk and was a collaborative birthday present from my best chums many moons ago! It is a skater style and is very flattering, although perhaps a bit nippy for the Scottish climate, although as Jess and I often said on the trip 'you have to suffer for fashion'!
game edinburgh 3
I can't remember exactly how we found this location but it was ideal for outfit photos because it was very quiet and quintessentially Edinburgh, also there was a lamp post slap bang in the middle that you could, quite literally, frolic around. It's important to get involved and not look too stiff when you're taking outfit snaps folks!
game edinburgh 1
If you want to read a little more about our trip then check out Jess's February review post, and if you're going to Edinburgh yourself soon (lucky you) then check out my Edinburgh guide post from my first ever trip up there three years ago!
game edinburgh 8

game edinburgh 4

game edinburgh 7

game edinburgh 10
(I'm just putting this one in to prove to my mum that I did actually wear a coat).

Twitter/Instagram/Bloglovin

15 comments :

  1. This is such a lovely post - Edinburgh is a wonderful city and I totally get what you mean about the Game of Thrones vibes it gives off! I absolutely love your coat in the last picture! I have to ask where it's from?!

    Amyleigh xo | Northern Blood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss best dress ever! Always love how you combine colours too, it looks perfect with mustard <3

    Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg your style is so cute, I adore the colours in this outfit! And your hair <3
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that black milk dress! I'm go excited for the next season of game of thrones although i hate not being able top predict whats going to happen now because the show has overtaken the books!

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit in a very nice setting !
    xx

    http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhhhhhh, you should definitely move up to Edinburgh! Best city eveeeerrr! Your outfit looks amazing, just as it did in real life. You definitely match the medieval background. Come and stay again soon! xxx


    Jessthetics

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to visit Edinburgh! Very lovely outfit. And love the add of colour with your beautiful coat.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. that dress is amazing! and i get the game of thrones vibe, ha:-) sounds like you had a lovely time, makes me want to revisit edinburgh! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so attracted by this title like a moth to the light!! :D And...I love the post! Good job.

    www.closinpills.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outfit!! The dress is amazing.
    Have a great day!
    Christina https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The team at this place obviously loves what they do, as they were beaming the whole time, danced with us till the end of the party, and briefly joined the after party after dropping off our belongings at the hotel! We had a blast at wedding venues and all our guests did as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete

  13. ان اردت نقل عفش منزلك بالدمام ابيات الشرقية من اهم شركات نقل العفش بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والقطيف والاحساء
    شركة المتحدة
    شركة نقل عفش بنجران
    شركة نقل عفش بخميس مشيط
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بابها

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...