Monday, 9 May 2016

Back to Brighton

Yesterday my pals and I visited Brighton, a place I've actually visited many times before (see my other posts here!) Quite coincidentally, my friends and I picked the hottest day of the year so far to visit, and evidently every other Londoner had the same idea because the place was packed to the rafters, nonetheless it was still such a lovely day of wandering around the Laines, sunbathing and eating our dinner of fish and chips whilst watching the sunset. brighton vintage nike 2
Dress - secondhand
Bag - Choies
Shoes - Asos
Sunglasses - Primark

I guess I have a lot of nostalgia attached to the seaside, growing up in Oxford I was about as far away from the sea as you can get, so I maybe only saw the beach once or twice a year. I remember the first time I visited Brighton, aged 15, and being really struck by the place, how much there was to do, how colourful and uh, bright everything was. I don't think the label 'London by the sea' does it justice because it has a very distinctive character of its own, trendy but not necessarily pretentious because it still retains that traditional seaside charm.  It still feels like the coolest place in the world to me now, and as you can see from these photos I dressed up for the occasion, looking quite literally like a stick of rock. This dress was actually £3 from a charity shop and it is a godsend, about as 'British seaside chic' as you can get.
brighton vintage nike 3
The sunglasses were just £1 from Primark and they fulfil all of my iridescent dreams. Alongside my freshly dyed hair and the bag I was feeling as colourful and cheerful as it was possible to be, despite the weather being just a little too hot for me (I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm super English and even the slightest bit of heat feels a little uncomfortable for me).
brighton vintage nike 4

brighton vintage nike 5

brighton vintage nike 6

brighton vintage nike 7

brighton insta 1

brighton insta 3
Have you been to Brighton? Did you enjoy it? Let me know in the comments!

Twitter/Instagram/Bloglovin

10 comments :

  1. Oh I.. Love Brighton (and all your posts about it i think hahaha)

    xxx
    http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for the really nice comment on my post. I totally love your blog.
    This outfit is so cute, I adore your style! Gorgeous photos xx

    Life in Blue Skies | A Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the rainbow pastel dress so cute :)

    http://floatingthrufields.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need Financial Assistance?
    Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts?
    We give out loan with an Interest rate of 1.00%
    Please, contact us for more information: PergoCF@qualityservice.com
    Please contact us for your secure and unsecured Loan at an Interest rate of 1.00%, Interested applicants should Contact us via email: PergoCF@qualityservice.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need Financial Assistance?
    Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts?
    We give out loan with an Interest rate of 1.00%
    Please, contact us for more information: PergoCF@qualityservice.com
    Please contact us for your secure and unsecured Loan at an Interest rate of 1.00%, Interested applicants should Contact us via email: PergoCF@qualityservice.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you need Financial Assistance?
    Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts?
    We give out loan with an Interest rate of 1.00%
    Please, contact us for more information: PergoCF@qualityservice.com
    Please contact us for your secure and unsecured Loan at an Interest rate of 1.00%, Interested applicants should Contact us via email: PergoCF@qualityservice.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you need Financial Assistance?
    Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts?
    We give out loan with an Interest rate of 1.00%
    Please, contact us for more information: PergoCF@qualityservice.com
    Please contact us for your secure and unsecured Loan at an Interest rate of 1.00%, Interested applicants should Contact us via email: PergoCF@qualityservice.com

    ReplyDelete

  8. شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة انها الاولى فى مكافحة ورش الحشرات بالمدينة المنورة رش البق رش الصراصير مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...