Sunday, 28 August 2016

Bath

For a Londoner (or an adopted Londoner like myself) the idea of getting out of the capital city is always bliss. Despite the fact we've chosen to live in one of the most incredible cities in the world we're always talking about the need to get away from the smog. Alongside London and my hometown Oxford, the other place I often visit in the UK is Bath. It's a beautiful little city famed for it's Georgian architecture, Roman baths and Abbey, and also manages to be the most painfully middle class place you could possibly imagine. Seriously, I'm called Belphoebe (after a character in an Elizabethan epic poem) and even I'm going to lose my marbles if I see another Emma Bridgewater plate, patchouli ginger hybrid candle or child named Reuben in this blinkin' place.  vintage bath 6
Outfit wise, I manage to clash quite spectacularly with the Bath architecture. I actually found these trousers in a charity shop here, they're the exact kind of style I love and could only really be described as 'jazzy' or 'snazzy' or 'Bel could you please wear some more sensible trousers because these ones are hurting my eyes'. Coupled with my favourite coat, this little number that I picked up for about £6 in Berlin, I have managed to transport myself straight back to the 1980s. Seriously I look like I'm about to present an aerobics programme which if you know me is a pretty hilarious prospect.
bath vintage 1
Shirt - H&M
Trousers - Charity shop
Socks - Blackwells
Shoes - Converse
Bag - Kanken
vintage bath 5

vintage bath 9

vintage bath 10
Thanks to dear Mumpo for taking these pictures for me!

Twitter/Instagram/Bloglovin

10 comments :

  1. I absolutely love the trousers so much :D I would totally wear them with like a metallic body suit and then I would look like I am about to teach aerobics! Haha I am on the look out for some more outrageous print trousers :D

    Charlotte | www.shoestringchic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bag twin! Kankens are ace! I love that you too are a thrifter, especially in Berlin (hello Humana) Great to find your blog, thanks to Charlotte!
    Donna x
    Www.polkadot-pink.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to thank Julia Navaro for the loan given to me by her loan company NAVARO LOAN COMPANY. Needed a loan to start a my boutique and didn't know how to get a loan until I was introduce to NAVARO LOAN COMPANY by a friend online and she approved my loan of $300,000 with minimum income of $10 and now am a successful woman. If you need any type of loan from any country and of any amount at an interest rate of 2% contact Julia Navaro at
    Navaroloancompany@yahoo.com and live a happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bath, it's such a beautiful city. It's great that you look totally clashes with the Georgian background, it adds a little twist! :D Your trousers look great paired with the striped tee.

    Julia x
    www.juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love‼️

    http://theunequivocalmind.blogspot.com/2016/09/self-love.html?m=1
    http://twitter.com/msskay_
    https://facebook.com/theunequivocalmind

    ReplyDelete

  6. Hello Loan Seekers,

    Do you need an urgent? If yes worry no more, For we offer all kinds of loan at a low and affordable interest rate. Get back to us if you need a loan with the below information.

    * Are you financially Squeezed?
    * Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts
    * Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
    * Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
    * Do you seek loans to carry out large projects/Real Estate
    * Do you seek funding for various other processes?

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM

    * Name:
    * Age:
    * State:
    * Country:
    * Phone Number:
    * Loan Amount Needed:
    * Loan Duration:

    Contact us now via Email: hendersonloanfunds@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  7. اهم شركات كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام كذلك معرض اهم شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والخبر والاحساء والقطيف كذكل شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة وتنظيف بجدة ومكافحة الحشرات بالخبر وكشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل والقطيف والخبر والدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام

    ReplyDelete

  8. اهم شركات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهران
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش بالخرج
    شركة نقل عفش بالقصيم

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for your comment! It makes me smile everytime I see a new one pop up. If you leave me a link to your blog I will aim to get back to you within 2 days because I love looking at all your blogs too!
If you want to continue the conversation, tweet me @thebelphoebejar

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...